What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge waste of time

• Thread starter elgecko
  • Start date

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I have not played any video games in some time. My favorite are RTS.
I have read review about Rise of Nations being very good, so I decided to get it. I can see this game taking up huge amounts of my time. It's great.
I can see myself going and getting the expansion for Warcraft III in the near future also.
Like I have time for these games.

Yeah,thats the problem with good games,you can sit there and play and play,then the wife gets mad at you!LOL
biggrin.gif

Jerry

Mine pretends she doesn't remember who I am cause she hasn't seen me in soooo long!
laugh.gif
!

Rise of Nations is great. Be sure to get the Thrones and Patriots expansion as well.

Other good RTS games out right now are Age of Empires: Titans, Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour, Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War, and of course, Warcraft 3's expansion.

I have unreal gold and unreal tournament among other games on this here puter and my fiance' used to complain that I was on the puter all the time.
She started playing, and now I can't get her off of it so I can do real work on it like writing CNC programs, etc.....
I guess it's time for a 2nd puter and a LAN.

Get UT2004. If you enjoyed the original UT, then you'll love this version.

A guy I work with got the new grand theft auto. said he played it for 17 hours straight. personally, i just don't have any time for video games any more. last game i bought was the latest ea sports baseball game. I think I got to the all-star game of the first season, and haven't really played it since.

My youngest sons are into Age of Empires and Civilization. They play it for hours.

I have wasted alot of time with Age of Empires and Command and Conquer Generals.
That's why when I reformated my hard drive I went for some time without putting any games back on it. I think I screwed up with this Rise of Nations. I think my RTS games will be reinstalled.
As for the PS2 which I have not played in many months, I plan on getting the new Grand Theft Auto at some point. I have the other 2 and they have to be my favorite games of all time.
I also plan on getting the new Metal Gear when it's out.

Might & Magic VI is my current vice. Yes, I know it's an older game, but I stopped playing after V, and haven't played in years...Gotta catch up, you know.

man, i had forgotten all about might and magic. between 3,4 and 5, I probably lost a year of my life.

I prefer to waste my life playing Dark Age of Camelot. Don't try it... you can't stop after you do.
confused.gif

I spend my time playing any RPG I can get my hands on. Not into the war stuff very much. Mostly cuz I really really suck at them. ^_^; I could beleive someone playing GTA San Andreas for 17 hours straight. GTA never ever gets old. GTA 3 is still my favorite.

I still play Starcraft all the time. I dread the day when Battlenet doesn't support it anymore.
smile.gif

I have not played Starcraft in a long time. Another great game.

If anybody has halflife/counter-strike/Dod retail. I highly recommended the game called Natural Selection Natural Selection. It's a first person shooter/ real time strategy game with marines and aliens and it's free....if you bought half life already
smile_m_32.gif
, but half life 2 comes in like 2 or 3 days and half life 1 is about 10 dollars now.

I gotta go with Metal Gear Solid (All of them) and Prince of Persia (Sands of Time and Warrior Within).

Back