Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Will americans flock to canada?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the guts. I won't do it unless it continues to get worse, but I have no problem leaving America if it stops being what it once was. I have no doubt that Bush has it in him to make it a lot worse, too.

The scapegoating, the fear-mongering, the demonization of dissenters all have the stench of proto-fascism. People think it couldn't happen here, but of course it could.

However, none of us is leaving without a fight. Get used to four years of increasing resistance. I predict that it will be months, not years, before the debacle in Iraq is widely considered to be a grevious error. With any luck, people will break out of their panic-induced post-9/11 stupor, and return sanity and reflection into our national psyche. Then we can look to ONLY four more years.

Max
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt John Kerry would have made it any better.You cant just say Bush this and Bush that,there is more to it than that.There are way to many politicians in office to blame it on Bush alone.No matter where you live or who you are,or how bad you think you have it,there will be someone that is worse off than you.I am gratefull to live in this country!I would'nt want to live anywhere else.

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't aware that people from the US could just up and move to another country anyway - don't other countries have immigration laws just like we do or is it just show up with a suitcase and say "I'm here"? This isn't meant to be a joke or sarcastic comment, it's an actual question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our imigration laws is to restrict the massive flow of immigrents to this country (mostly from mexico and latin america these days)

I highly doubt canada is getting so many immigrents that it sees the need to stem the flow of them.

But if Iriq does indeed get worse, will it be a fixable problem for the next presedent or a unmanagable debocle? at the moment theres no sing of it getting any better.
    that makes no logic

Canada actually said it welcomes immigrants (read the article) and it is very possible to move to another country.. just requires piles and piles of paperwork.. my best friend and her baby just became Scottish citizens.. I'm begining to envy them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Canada has a test you can take to see if you can immigrate as a skilled worker. Oddly enough, it doesn't ask you to use Eh? in a sentence or to translate "oot in a boot".
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think all of you people are hilarous. You act like this is the first time there has ever been an president that has divided this country. If you believe that look at your penny, there have been many more presidents that have created more of a divided nation than bush. To all of you who are trying to make it look like bush's fault, i never heard Kerry say he was going to pull all of the troop out of Iraq as soon as he was in office, so what would he have helped. And all of you people worried about a draft, think about who the majority of the voting population is. They all grew up during Vietnam, do you really think they will stand for a draft, if someone proposed a draft i have a feeling there would be a very quick recall election. And you are all worried about people moving to Canada, when i know so many Canadians who wish they could live in the United States, so if you want to leave fine, change places with someone who would like to live here and make everyone happy.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes other countries have immigration laws just like the US. A guy I used to work with was trying to secure a work visa to move to Iceland just as a way to travel and see the world. He'd worked in a dutch coffee shop, english train station, etc. but Iceland refused him since he simply wanted to move there and look for work. In the case of Holland and the UK he was already there traveling and got the jobs before he asked for the visa.

I repeat, there's no reason to move, you are supposedly allowed to have a dissident opinion in the USA and not be prosecuted for it. Whether the policies follow the principles is a different story though... I've been arrested at many different demonstrations in my early years. If a draft happens, the borders will be sealed to anyone of draft age, you'll be arrested at the border, so you'll need to use more underground means to leave the country.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast