Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Will americans flock to canada?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ Nov. 05 2004,6:52)]I hope they do all move to Canada..
    would be a very good thing for the USA.
    Scot
    I really, really hate it when people say this. I don't care what your ideals are, but when you think getting rid of all the people who disagree with you is good for your country, you're welcoming stagnation and killing democracy. Simple as that.

That said, I also think its horrible that all these people are leaving to Canada and other countries. That's just cowardly and stupid. How in the hell are we ever going to fight the good fight against Bush and his cronies if we all just up and leave?

That also said, the fact that rural, rather uneducated, mostly backwater counties in most states dictate the government we elect, even though they don't pay nearly as much in taxes as large cities, and in fact rely heavily on welfare in certain areas, disturbs the hell out of me, with Nevada and Ohio being prime examples.
    Some random words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I would becareful with your statements, I am smelling an edit.
    You don't need an iron chest if you have a sharp brain and a silk tongue.

GROWLIST
    Wolf's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I didn't make that statement in an effort to insult Southerners, or state that they don't deserve any power when it comes to electing government. I just think that the balance of power between rural areas and metropolis areas is off kilter.

Also, I'm not trying to say that Red states, and conservatives in general are stupid (dumb people wouldn't get control of the presidency, house, AND senate), but it is a fact that they're generally located in areas that don't have as high an education quotient compared to areas that do, most of which came out Blue.

Regarding welfare and federal taxes...well...its simple truth based on what I know. From the statistics I've seen, states in the midwest and south have a larger number of people on welfare, particularly those bordering Mexico. Also, people from rural areas tend to pay less in federal taxes.

I'm just trying to stir up some more discussion here other than "Bush sucks" or "Liberals should shut up" reactionary stuff. If you think I'm wrong and have some other facts and statistics to counter my points, feel free to post them. You never learn anything new if you never listen to the other side, after all.
    Some random words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a funny story that was on the local news here. I missed part of it, but basically, it was someone's idea to draw up two new countries. The Kerry states and Canada are to be called the New United North, while the Bush states are a new country called Jesusland.

There's many things I like about Canada, however, I don't like the tax rate. and it's too cold. i'm cold enough where i'm at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Fygee @ Nov. 09 2004,3:26)]I don't care what your ideals are, but when you think getting rid of all the people who disagree with you is good for your country, you're welcoming stagnation and killing democracy. Simple as that.
    Very well said. I believe that's what people like Hitler and Hussein tried to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He never said to get rid of everyone who doesnt agree with him.

Maybe he believes, as i do, that if you are irrevernt twords the system of government that we have, which will all people you dont like to get power, then you should leave. Think of all of the people who have died so first you can vote and have a say in your government, and second so that you can express you disenting opinion about what the government does. I do not agree with everything our government does, but i still consider it much better than have any other form of government.

And all of you people who what to leave, what happens when Canada elects someone you dont like, cause they will, that is the negative side of democracy, where will you go then?

Why cant you people reliaze that first, bush is not dictator for life, but some of you are acting like he is, second he is not acting alone, third i havent heard any of you actully trying to do something within the government to prevent that which you dont like.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You think that the balance of power between rural and metro areas is off kilter because you didnt like the outcome of the election. If everyone in a rural area voted bush and everyone in a metro area voted Kerry as you seem to think, then obviously there are more people that live in rural areas giving them the majority. Thats how our system works, we elect the person that the majority votes for. And your statement that rural areas means uneducated and metro means educated is well wrong. There is no way you can make a generalization like that. And in fact the larger concentrations of people on welfare and people that dont graduate come from inner cities - your metro.
    You don't need an iron chest if you have a sharp brain and a silk tongue.

GROWLIST
    Wolf's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No but he said hi wishes they could go away so his party could go about its policies unopposed. Weather or not it should id not the issue, the issue is that he wants them to go away. You cant will away your opponents and, frankly, in my opinion, not right (aka undemokcratic) And if you think the opposing party is irrelevent twards the system of goverment we have, they you do not understand our goverment very well.
    that makes no logic

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast