Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Will americans flock to canada?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and i agree with wolf9striker. Dont make a generalizations like that.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have no problem with ppl moving to Canada. most of my buddies in Alberta and Saskatchewan want to move down here a trade seems like a good idea [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] but in all seriousness if just because who you wanted to be elected didnt is reason enough for you to pick up your bags and leave maybe you should. its a sign that you have completely given up on our system anyways and you might as well try somewhere else. i gave this alot of thought a few years ago as to where i would go if some one like Al Gore or Ted Kennedy or John Kerry got elected. and yah know what? i still couldnt come up with a better place than the USA. Canada, England and Austrailia all have much stricter gun control than the US and unlike those countries i really dont think the vast majority of the nuttier gun ppl such as myself would turn over our rifles reguardless. not to mention some of their other major laws are just plain idiotic. its illegal to defend yourself in Englad?!?! WTF is that? i dont care for the UN and one of the things i do like about Bush is that he has basically given them the finger. its to bad it took the Iraq war for us to do it but its about time someone with power stepped up and did it. i really dont like the fact the high population centers control so much in the rest of the states. i can tell you right now from personal experiance that us backwoods types in rural Montana actually recieved a darn good high school education. far better than schools in Florida(not sure about elsewhere but i know big city Florida for sure and going by the ppl ive seen coming out of highschool in LA and New York ive prolly got a heads up on them too). just remember when your talking about those dumb people in red states your talking about me and several other really good ppl on this forum, some of which do to cooler heads have stayed out of these discutions(to bad im not one of those). the problem is those ppl in the big cities are loosing touch with what americas all about. living: how you wish where you wish. i hope i am never forced to leave my nice backwoods state, the ppl are friendly and willing to help each other out.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Fygee @ Nov. 08 2004,11:24)]That also said, the fact that rural, rather uneducated, mostly backwater counties in most states dictate the government we elect, even though they don't pay nearly as much in taxes as large cities, and in fact rely heavily on welfare in certain areas, disturbs the hell out of me, with Nevada and Ohio being prime examples.
    So obviously you think people who vote Repbulician *in general* are dumber than those who vote Democrat..
    I could argue that the opposite is true..
    who is better educated, the rich or the poor?
    Who is smarter, Doctors or burger flippers?
    isnt the Republican party the "party of the Rich"?
    and dont the poor overwhemingly vote Democrat?
    so..since Rich people are smarter than poor people,
    it follows that the majority of Democrats must be dumber than the majority of Republicans..

(btw, im totally kidding about all that, and I dont actually believe that..im just pointing out how...ahem..dumb, Fygee's theorys are..)
    Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually if you look at the earnings of the Senators and the Represenatives in the federal government the Democrats make more money than the Republicans......atleast they did this last set. not sure what it will be after this last election
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Nov. 05 2004,5:20)]Politics and parties, suck.
    I like parties... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just came across this post in another forum i frequent.....i think it sums up what i think fairly well.....(note this is not mine and is edited a bit for content........language rules arent as strict in the other forum)

I think if the blue people would take a deep breath, their color
    would return. Perhaps they might also want to take a dispassionate look at their leadership and their minions, and perhaps realize that the anger and discord in this country was created by that leadership, and sown by those minions.

Look at a history book, and the world at large, and realize that
    every American enjoys a standard of living that few people in the history of the world have enjoyed. We live in better conditions than royalty did a century ago. We enjoy hygiene, food products and medicines that were unavailable to previous generations, instant communication and rapid transporation, not enjoyed by the majority of the worlds population.

You want fresh fruit, produce, meat or fish from anywhere in the world, well it's available at most supermarkets, if not search the web and have it shipped to your door overnight. You have an infection, go to the doc for an anti-biotic. Are you cold, turn up the heat. You want to get somewhere, hop on your scoot, or in your car, and drive there, or to the airport if it's further. Are you pissed about the guvment, go out and yell it in your town square, post it on your internest sight, e-mail to friends.

We have much to be thankful for, and my take is, a large portion of this country is very, very ungrateful for what it has. They don't realize the freedoms and standard of living they enjoy weren't free, and came at the cost of the blood sweat and tears of countless men and women. Thursday is veterens day, be thankful for what you have, and thank a vet for providing it. My grandfather was a vet in WW I, by father in WW II, and my uncle's remains lie on a volcanic rock by
    the name of Iwo Jima in the south pacific.

There are 100's of thousands more like them that made the same sacrifices and greater, all so that future generations could live in a better world. If all we provide for our children is b******* and moaning about how much this country sucks, then we've dropped the torch passed to us to do our job.
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ](btw, im totally kidding about all that, and I dont actually believe that..im just pointing out how...ahem..dumb, Fygee's theorys are..)
    Scotty, this is boarderline inflamitory. Please refrain from calling other members, or their statements, "dumb." You could, instead, choose words like incorrect or inaccurate. "Dumb" is just insulting.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to have to take offense at the high school education in Florida remark. I happen to be a high school science teacher in the state of Florida, and I invite you down anytime to see the rigorous coursework that is given to the students at my school. I think that the generalizations that show up in these threads are starting to border on the absurd.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast