What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will americans flock to canada?

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
Flashback to Viet Nam and the draft! I'm sure the furor will die down, soon, unless the draft is reinstated. Then I better hide my sons.

lol! that's funny :p in CNN they also showed some of european newspapers' headlines against bush.

My boyfriend was so disgusted with this election he's been talking about moving to another country ever since. All the sudden the years worth of paperwork and headache looks almost worth it.

well, I guess if a lot of people do it, bush won't be so stubborn :p

I hope they do all move to Canada..
would be a very good thing for the USA.
Scot

If there is a draft that is stupid. It's just like the Vietnam war, teens go in the war fighting for something they don't believe in! Tell me, what is the point of the Iraq war at this moment? Give me a good reason to go over there and fight! IF YOU CAN, then I have no problem doing so!

I'm one of the people who are pist that bush got reelected, and don't blame peole for moving somewhere else. Bush is just PLAIN ANNOYING! Heck, he can't even give a decent speech wether it is prewritten or not! Just listening to his voice drives me nuts!

Dang!! Calm down, Peter. So Bush is annoying. Many Presidents are annoying. Lay low, and grow your plants. Enjoy them. Remember an old truism, "If your happiness relies on what someone else says or does for you, you are in trouble". Make your own happiness, and keep your eyes and ears open. Do what is appropiate, at the appropriate time. Politics and parties, suck. Stay away from it, and keep your eyes on the prize------CP.

I don't know about Canada but Spain is looking pretty good right about now... Kinda fed up with all the politics.

I'm not gonna move. Why should I have to become a refugee just cos I was born here and am not programmed the way they want? The worse they mess up this country with their "values" the harder I laugh (what else can we do)!

Am I selfish for refusing to support/fight an unjust war. I'd bet I probably am.  Self preservation is my highest order of business and defending Haliburtons access to mid-east crude (under the guise of spreading freedom) is not on my agenda.

How many years will it be before the puppet governments we put in place over in Afganistan and Iraq becomes corrupt according to our current political model (or resource needs) and we have to go over there and "spread freedom" again? will it be the next administration or 20 years from now? No, we'll get it right THIS time!

But according to The Politics of Economics, war makes the world go round, so buy buy buy! If we run out we'll have a war and get some more!

The Kyoto Treaty started today (or yesterday) I'm glad we didn't sign that. I was begining to think I'd have to deal with fresh air and sunshine, I'm too delicate! I sit inside all day sculpting and typing on the forums, I could have been vaporized walking out into that! Thank god for good old american smog! Now if we could do something about all those silly trees and wetlands. I dream of Texaco stations and Walmarts as far as the eye can see! Ah, the price of freedom: $1.89 per gallon

The trouble with moving somewhere else is you don't know how long you'll have before the US declares it a rogue nation and invades. Maybe it isn't so safe in the US either, what with National Guard firing at an elementary school and then saying ooops, we meant to shoot at something 3 miles away from there. That isn't the fault of the pilot either. What kind of delusional leadership thinks it's a good idea to be firing live rounds from the air in a populated area?

ah a lovely debate..

There are always more than one side. You could easily say what kind of delusional people move next to a firing range that has been there for 50 years.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I hope they do all move to Canada..
would be a very good thing for the USA.
Scot

arrrrrrrrrrggggGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH .

*pulls down a map of the red and blue states.

*points to midwest.

In the midewest they are very worried about terrorism. This makes perfict sence with such obvious targets sutch as  carhenge
images
and the corn palace.
images

See people in newyork , wich has many terror targets and the bigest population of gays in the world and other costal states voeted for kerry. Obiously they are too close to the problems to see clearly. The farther away you move from them, the clearer and clearer the real problems become.

So thankyou red states, for saviung us from ourselves.

I hear a lotta’ whining, crying, sniveling and whimpering…how about a little action….spare me another four years of listening to this drivel.
Have the courage to stand up for your convictions…leave now.
I’m betting not a one of you has the guts.

I have the guts. I won't do it unless it continues to get worse, but I have no problem leaving America if it stops being what it once was. I have no doubt that Bush has it in him to make it a lot worse, too.

The scapegoating, the fear-mongering, the demonization of dissenters all have the stench of proto-fascism. People think it couldn't happen here, but of course it could.

However, none of us is leaving without a fight. Get used to four years of increasing resistance. I predict that it will be months, not years, before the debacle in Iraq is widely considered to be a grevious error. With any luck, people will break out of their panic-induced post-9/11 stupor, and return sanity and reflection into our national psyche. Then we can look to ONLY four more years.

Max

I doubt John Kerry would have made it any better.You cant just say Bush this and Bush that,there is more to it than that.There are way to many politicians in office to blame it on Bush alone.No matter where you live or who you are,or how bad you think you have it,there will be someone that is worse off than you.I am gratefull to live in this country!I would'nt want to live anywhere else.

Jerry

I wasn't aware that people from the US could just up and move to another country anyway - don't other countries have immigration laws just like we do or is it just show up with a suitcase and say "I'm here"? This isn't meant to be a joke or sarcastic comment, it's an actual question.

Our imigration laws is to restrict the massive flow of immigrents to this country (mostly from mexico and latin america these days)

I highly doubt canada is getting so many immigrents that it sees the need to stem the flow of them.

But if Iriq does indeed get worse, will it be a fixable problem for the next presedent or a unmanagable debocle? at the moment theres no sing of it getting any better.

Back