What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What, in your opinion, is...

Finch

Whats it to ya?
Im not certain if this is the right message bord, so if its noot, can a mod please move it?

OK i wish to do a little inventory of opinions of what you think is the best [and worst]species of certain plants... my opinion will be in brackets

What in your opinion, is...

The best carnivorus plant?
[ i think the king drosta's the best]

The most colorfull carnivorus plant?
[white trumpet]

The most boring carnivorus plant
[aquatic bladderorts]

The best tree?
[Ginkgo Biloba]

The most colorful tree?
[Black Oak (Quercus velutina) - altough seldom used in cultivation, its a tree for all seasons. The biggest catkins of any oak turn the canopy misty yellow in spring  followed later by red, velvety emergeing leaves. It has attractive, glossy foliage in summer and deep-orange/dark red foliage in fall]

The most boring tree?
[Green ash]
Ill shorten the wuestions now

The most colorfull shrub/best/mostboring
[burning bush/greydogwood/amurmaple]

Best Garden plant/showiest/mostuseless
[thredleafcoreopsis/daffodil/green-flowering maragolds]

best plant piriod?

And, whats your favorite habitat to be in?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Nov. 06 2004,8:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] The best carnivorus plant?
Can go wrong with vens flytraps but I would have to say S. Leucophylla

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The most colorfull carnivorus plant?
[white trumpet]
not gonna argue wit you
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Carnivorous Bromeliads
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
The best tree?
Soft Maples
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
The most colorful tree?
Birch trees
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The most boring tree?
Ash trees
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
no clue

[Bell peppers/purple coneheads/dianthes]

best plant piriod? jade plant

And, whats your favorite habitat to be in? Midwestern decidious forest in fall

Best Carnivorous Plant:
Nepenthaceae

Most colorful carnivorous plant:
N. Northiana or Venus Flytrap "Red Stripe" (anyone that wants to see a picture PM me)

Most Boring Carnivorous Plant:
Bladderworts.. they just float in the water

Best Tree:
north-easter trees (fall folliage)

Most colorful tree?
Tua Tua from the Dominican Republic. It has an awesome red burgundy rubbery leaves and sports pink flowers.

Most boring tree?
Ficus

Most colorful shrub/best/most boring
confused.gif

Best Garden plant/showiest/most useless
confused.gif

Best Plant Period:
Tua Tua from the DR

Favorite Habitat?
I'm stuck between a tropical or a winter climate but if i could, i would live in the water all the time.

I guess my favorite habitat would be rainforests... not that I've ever been in one but they're a big biodiversity spot and I LOVE biodiversity.
but... It might be more awsome to be near a black smoker... or in the bioluminecent lake.... or in coral reefs... or really really deep with all the strange animals w/ glowing organs and stuff...
I refuse to choose lol.

humm the best for me is tied between ginkgo and the Dead Rat Tree, Adansonia gregorii (no im not kidding)

theres ginko biloba in central park and it STINKS. The tree i choose looks awesome i'll try to take a picture of it next time i'm over there. Its small about 10 feet, covered in small hairs and the leaves are too. They red burgundy in color and the flowers are pink. It looks great since its all over. Tropical islands have the best vegetation.

Thats too bad its usually great. Best tree there is

heres a idea. i wont insult your pick, you dont insult mine

What exactly do you mean with “best CP”? Best at catching insects? Or just your own personal favourite?

I have an obsession for the Nepenthes Genus, especially the extraordinary ones. (Think ephippiata, lowii, eymae, etc...)

Most boring for me are certainly the aquatics. I hope I never try and collect them just for the sake of collecting, but I fear that will eventually be the case due to an inevitable obsessive collecting addiction. ^_^
So whenever you see me posting pictures of my aquatics please remember me again how they suck.
biggrin.gif

By the way, Amature_Expert, it’s Nepenthaceae not Nepentheceae. (You seem to love using the word so...)  
smile_r_32.gif

Thanks Phyrex.
@Finch
I wasn't insult your pick. I meant it literally, it stinks (like smelly). When its producing seeds, it smell incredibly bad. You should know that since its your favorite..

The best carnivorus plant?
Venus flytrap. It moves and looks both attractive and fierce.

The most colorfull carnivorus plant?
S.x 'Juthatip Soper' (white, luminous pink and then red)

Well every CP is loved by loads of people, so I won't say.

The best tree?
Giant redwood

The most colorful tree?
Tulip tree

The most boring tree?
The tree outside our house which grows about 10 leaves which then last about a month before turning brown.

Don't know much about shrubs

Sarracenia/sarracenia/I'm sure all plants have their uses

best plant piriod?
VFT

And, whats your favorite habitat to be in?
Apalachicola or Perdido

S sorry i tought you ment is another way. Since there are very few females (in the united states)planted because if the smell, i assumd no one had run across a fruiting female.

Finch: Apparently not everyone is that smart. The sidewalks near my home are littered with the seeds in fall. I heard you could roast them but I doubt I'm going to try.

Back