User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any ebay sellers to steer clear of?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose we never really know where our plants come from, even if we buy them at a store, or trade them at a cp club meeting, or through a PFT auction. All we can do is try our best to not buy wild-collected plants. On ebay, I think it's safe to buy from reputable dealers. Fore example, it's unlikely in the extreme that the rooted cutting of a Bruce Bednar hybrid nepenthes is wild-collected! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I wouldn't give any business to SundewMatt. But that's because he's an--mmffpphhhmmmpphhh. Can't say it. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] What's his eBay name? SundewSeller?? You can tell its him because his listing is 3 feet long and he has his ad nauseum pre-recorded message about having to sell plants to financially support his collection.

I won't buy from Dean either but that's just me. I have "issues" there.

You do have to be careful about buying poached plants. You are probably safe buying from plant nurseries selling on eBay. I don't know if The Flytrap Farm sells on eBay but I wouldn't buy from them either (field collect).

My first CP buying experience on eBay was not a good one but it was a long time ago. But that is not to say there aren't honest CP sellers on there. I've bought a number of orchids there and they were all great.

Just be careful. If you have ANY questions or doubts, email the sellers BEFORE you bid and you should be able to judge from their reply if they are on the up and up.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sell more than I buy on ebay. Personally I try and avoid individuals selling, unless I know for a fact they are competent growers. One plant I got from someone was loaded with mealybugs. Others were .. well needing a good bit of TLC.

Most of the stuff you see are folks just buying bulk plants from Agristarts and other wholesale producers and just reselling. Same stuff you will find down at lowes etc..

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are poachers on ebay, it's no myth. This has already been discussed though, no reasons to bring it up again.
    Two sellers to avoid, palmer92670, I can't legally talk about this yet.
    And Hampsteadtrader, possiable poacher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved this description, "ad nauseum pre-recorded message about having to sell plants to financially support his collection". Thank you for putting words to what I saw as somehow I was at a loss for an appropriate description. Dear, you have such a way with words!

Thank you 0zzy, I should have requested a list of sellers to steer clear of. Perhaps more people would have felt comfortable posting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only purchased from Dean Cook aka "flytraps" in Eugene Oregon. I've been very happy with the process and the plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm... I guess I was wrong... sorry
    I probably have not been ebaying for long enough, I'll be sure to avoid those types of growers though. THe main ones that I see now are the major vendors and a few other people here and there.
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if i want a really high quality Nep that PFT doesnt sell i go with Tony......if i want a cheap experiment plant such as some of the intermediate highlanders ive recently purchased to see how well they are going to grow for me i usually see what Dean Cook has. the neps tend to be smaller from Dean but ive been quite happy with them so far. the VAST majority of my collection though has come from the trade forum here. with a lil bit of patients almost anything you want can be found here eventually for alot less than retail equivilent in trade [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast