User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any ebay sellers to steer clear of?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simply stated, play Santa Claus for me and share with me who is good and who is bad.

Thanks much, Laura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so far all i have dealt with are good.
    ef.Patch is my ebay name

but i havent gotten any CPs stuff yet except seeds.
    bought alot of plants from one guy, still waiting on them too arrive cause one was on backorder.

dont know of any bad ones yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've bought plants on ebay several times. Mostly from Dean Cook, who is "flytraps" on ebay (great prices, healthy smaller plants). And also several nepenthes from "******* hapu", whose large, vigorous plants are well worth the money he charges. I've also bought once or twice from others, pkfloyd, or something like that, and hirtsgreen (sp?) and have been happy with each purchase. So far no bad experiences!

Of course, by from PFT if they have what you want available. They are as good as any.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont trust any carnivorus plant sellers on ebay because normally you kant know for shure wather they were illegaly collected or not
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, if it looks fishy, I stay away. But the vendors I listed clearly don't illegaly collect or sell plants.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, to tell the truth, most of the Cp ebay business is all from major vendors like the ones mentioned. The whole "Wild Collected" myth on ebay gives it a bad name like mentioned on some websites. I've only seen maybe one or two cases of being a suspect of wild collected plants once last year and most likely it wasn't because the guys seemed very friendly in the emails and new alot about tissue culture and is a major wholesale of plants for many places.
    So, always be on the look out for suspects, but the ebay myth with wild collected plants is WAY overexagerated. I've scored great deals off of that site with neps and such.
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy to say I'm an occasional ebay Nepenthes seller and have always gotten good feedback from my summer sales of cuttings of personal stock plants. It helps pay those summer AC bills for the highlanders!

I am very cautious about selling, I only sell my own plants (no drop shipments) and only inside the USA. I've seen seeds and plants being offered from foreign sellers (check the item location) and asked them about whether they will be supplying paperwork (required for Nepenthes) and none said they did! This is how our pal The Griffin over on the Nepenthes forum got snagged for some hefty fines by an ignorant seller. Griff had the right permits, the shipper didn't and he got the fines, not the seller! so make sure you are ordering from Ebay sellers within the USA if you live here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh so id they seem freindly they cant be wild-collecters, right peter? its NOT a mith its a FACT
    that makes no logic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast