What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Send a prayer

unknownclown

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!!
Rebekah Tauber is a 15 year old from Houston who is presently undergoing cancer treatment. She is a fierce Christian who attends Memorial High School. Rebekah is wearing a "prayer pager" (1-800-250-6939) that is being sponsored by Second Baptist Church in Houston.

Please take a minute out of your busy day to say a quick prayer for Rebekah, her family and her doctors asking for God's guiding hand to be with them through this ordeal and then call the toll free number (1-800-250-6939). It will vibrate letting Rebekah know that someone has prayed on her behalf.

Feel free to pass this on and thanks for your support and prayers.

I think this is a wonderful way to let someone know you are thinking about them. And after almost losing my little girl this has really touched my heart.

Call.... it just takes a second or two!

comeone people... this person needs your support

Paged.

I'm not a Christian, but best of luck to her on a successful and speedy recovery.

smile.gif
thanks
smile.gif

To be honest though Fygee this goes further than Christianity, its more about giving a sick little girl hope knowing that people care.

I dont want anyone thinking they are pressured or whatever to make this simple act of kindness.

I believe in prayer, but I also know that God's wil must be done. May it be his will that this child comes out of this. I believe that prayer can turns things around, but more important is that this girl believes that prayer can turn things around. Her belief alone can give her a fighting chance.

Thats very nice Shelly.
smile.gif
Thanks.

Prayed & paged!
smile.gif
Shelly, I like your new signature about the bush and wandering! Clever!

Can you page more than once... i'm thinking of paging daily.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]To be honest though Fygee this goes further than Christianity, its more about giving a sick little girl hope knowing that people care.

Of course, which is why I sent a page out with my best wishes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Nov. 12 2004,11:13)]Can you page more than once... i'm thinking of paging daily.
John brings up an excellent point! Prayer and intentional acts of love / kindness shouldn't be one time events. They should be continual.

Personally, I dont belive in god.....can I still ring the number?
Whats the number to call the U.S.A?
Dino
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Nov. 13 2004,5:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Nov. 12 2004,11:13)]Can you page more than once... i'm thinking of paging daily.
John brings up an excellent point! Prayer and intentional acts of love / kindness shouldn't be one time events. They should be continual.
Yeah I pray for all my friends,myself,my family and such(You know what I mean bye that) at least daily. So realy you`re right Jim. I`m thinking of pageing and have prayed

I paged too:) I agree that just haveing friends that support you(No matter there age) when you`re sick is very comforting. I pray she gets better.:) Do you know how sick she is?
I mean is it like realy like terminal or just a lower grade(Lack of better word)?
I`ve met many people in the hospital(Well alot have been my roommates) that have cystic fibrosis. I feel reely sorry for them:( A friend this time(Josh) who was actualy here last time I was here but I never met him. But he has cf,diabetes,asthma,and one more thing I can`t think of...... It`s sad:*( It`s like half of the patient here have it:( Amanda has it...all of them seem like very nice good people...*actualy gets chocky*

Back