Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slight issues with dinitidula x pulchella

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pygmies are wonderful plants. They are small...but they are mighty. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

They look great in large clumps. And of course they mature plants make gemmae in the fall (little green balls that are free-floating plant buds) which is always interesting.

Nitidula x pulchella is a nice one. Very pretty. I have some here in my office.
    I don't feed mine...they catch whatever comes their way.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the pygmy Drosera can become as much a weed as capensis. Once I had a couple D. nitidula x pulchella and now I have thousands all over the place. The gemma are very small and catch a ride on fingers, clothes, etc. In one year, they took over a 12 x 24 inch tray of VFT seedlings and smothered the baby VFTs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dino, it was a gift. I didn't beat you to it as I don't have any so don't feel left out. It is all at the school.

We haven't been feeding ours as I was under the impression that was not a good thing when the plants were immature.

Hi PlantAKiss, they were really cute when we first received them and planted them up but it went downhill from there. I will take the lids off tomorrow and see if that resurrects the one that is still hanging in there.

Hi BobZ, what are you doing differently than us that yours are becoming a weed and ours are fizzling?

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, you can always collect the gemmea, Laura.
    Then you can lay them onto a moist peat sand mix at home and you will have plants for yourself. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Its good feeding them, the pygmys are probably mature.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12