What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know you're a cp'er when......

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I thought this would be fun to relive this old thread again.

You know you're a CP'er when you go in a store for some soup, and you walk out with this.

9ad0f355.jpg

You know you're a CPer when houseflies are welcome in your home.

Joe

You know you are a CP'er when you go out of your way to buy 8 oz. cups of yogurt, en masse, and demand that your family consume the yogurt so you can use the cups for your plants. (true story)

You know you are a CP'er when you request that your lab co-workers save the empty pipette dispenser containers for you so that you can use them to germinate seedlings and gemmae (true story).

You know you're a CPer when your eyes scan for CPs anywhere that plants of any kind are sold.

Capslock

You know you're a CPer when your Ecology professor tells you you've told him more than he probably ever wanted to know about CPs (true story
biggrin.gif
).

You know you're a cper when you measure flies before feeding them to Vft's

You know you're a CPer when a Saturday nite date is with a bucket of rainwater.

You know you'er a CPer when you want to cut down all the trees in your yard so your sarracenia can get more sun.

You know you're a cp'er, when you plan a special trip for your wifes birthday, and you the location you choose just happens to be in the same city as a guy that offered you seedlings (pickup only)

lmao.. these are good

You know your a CP'er when you stump Peter D'Amato.
biggrin.gif

(Almost true story, ask him about N. macrophylla and you'll see what i mean.)

AND! You know you're a CP'er when you use Chili cans to plant your VFTs and D.capensis in.

You know your a CPer when the household spiders are starving.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Copper @ Nov. 20 2004,10:46)]You know your a CPer when the household spiders are starving.
You know you're a cp'er when you no longer have spiders.

Hey... that's my humidor box up at the top of this thread!  

You know you're a CPer when..
*your husband starts asking how many CP geek converts you've racked up for the week from your native plant society.
*you endlessly search eBay and any other online sources for out of season and non existant plants that you lust for in hopes of running across even one that you simply can't live without.
*you can see your home from a mile away because of the brand new 250 watt metal halide in the dining room- nobody ever used that room anyway. Hey folks, the light generated from the halide blew the fluorescents in the living room out of the water!
*The police stop in the very day you receive your new toy to ask you what you're growing and you feel compelled to show them empty seed trays and explain you're merely testing the light in anticipation of getting seed to grow.
*You break your personal vow to never enter a chatroom in your life to kibitz with other CPers.
*You realize your heating pads have a greater purpose and are no longer exclusively for your knees.
*You explain to your kids slowly and succinctly that there really are plants that eat small children's body parts and that fingers are a delicacy to begin conditioning them to "stay away" from CPs you will be receiving in the future.

you water a pot of "dirt" for six months telling everyone they will grow soon.

kibitz? We may be the only ones who know that word! Well, except maybe for some of the NYC / LI folks.

As a follow up to Ktulu's...
You know you're a CP'er when you're hurt by the question "What am I supposed to be looking at??" when said 6 month pot-of-dirt finally produces the fabled "green heads"

I mean, can't you SEE them??? LOOK AT 'EM, they're awesome!!!!!

You know you're a CPer when...

You convince your 8th grade science teacher to teach 2 weeks on CP's (true story)

You can spot a tiny inch high sundew on the ground 20 feet away (true story, they grow in a swamp in my backyard area)

You know your a CP'er when you have a sign on your gate that says "beware of garden"!

Back