What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know you're a cp'er when......

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kirkscoastalcarnivores @ Nov. 21 2004,7:31)]you know your a cper when you'd rather watch your plants grow, than a football game
LMAO!

You know you're a CP'er when:
You put off paying your personal property tax because a bunch of new hybrids just became available.

You actually liked G. Bush for about 5 min. when you got your tax refund check because, hey, more plants!

When looking at houses to buy, the only thing you are considering is how much sun the backyard gets.

You have a notification account from Ebay set up to send you an email anytime there is a new listing for Sarracenia.

You go trout fishing with an old friend but end up spending most of the time sloshing through the bog at one end of the lake, and put a few remnant Sarracenia seed pods in your tackle box, while your friend is just slaying the browns.

(all true)

You know you're a cp'er when you build a 3 shelf rack to hold 24 - 1 gallon milk jugs to store rain water.

You know you're a cp'er when you are the only one hoping it will rain because your low on rain water, also so you do not have to water your outside plants.
I'm down to 2 1/2 gallons. Calling for rain tomorrow. Hopefully it will be after I'm home from work so I can collect. If not........

You know you're a cp'er when you take off work to collect rain water.
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You actually liked G. Bush for about 5 min. when you got your tax refund check because, hey, more plants!
I got a letter telling me that my tax cut was on the way. Then a couple of months latter I got another letter telling me I was eligible for the tax cut.
mad.gif

You know your a cper, when you spend an hour on terraforums when you know no one is on to make/reply to topics.(true, but sad....)

You know you are a cper, when you spend all your spare time and cash on... well you know.

You know you are a cper when it doesn't take you but about a week to go through a bag of perlite, peat, lfs, and vermiculite(all at once).

You know you are true cper when you become a member of the ICPS, and terraforums at once.(true for most of us)

You know when you are a true cper when you don't even call cps by their name but by your own abreviations(true)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You know your a cper, when you spend an hour on terraforums when you know no one is on to make/reply to topics.
ugh. I HATE that
smile_n_32.gif

I occasionally experience that when I go on in the morning, but usually find someone from the other side of the world - like Seandew & Cindy. Sometimes I find Tamlin, from having stayed up all night.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You know you're a CPer when you get nervous seeing squirrels in your backyard.

You know your a CP'er when the squirrels all disappear.
N. Rajah
biggrin.gif

You know you are a cper as soon as you make your first post on Terra Forum or anyother cp forum.

You know you're a cp'er when you've read all 5 pages of this, and realized almost all of these apply to you.

You know you're a CPer when you go to the doctor's office and while sitting there waiting... you check around for anything you could possibly use for your plants.  About all I found were tongue depressors.  I asked for a bunch and they gave them to me to use as plant markers for the school! I also got some viles.  I have no idea what to do with those but they offered them so I took them.

This is Jimscott's fault... he sent me germination boxes from his lab and it got me thinking about what else was out there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I also got some viles
Those are good for storing seeds.

You also know that you're a cp'er when you bring home a 100lb roll of aluminum from work because you want to use it to as a reflective backing for your plant tanks. You end up lining a whole room with it, add lights and now you have a whole room to grow plants. I also traded some for a N.bical. Man I've got it bad.
confused.gif

Vials, hmmmm.... I've got these 50 ml plastic vials that no one uses and was contemplating using them for sprouting pigmy sundews. They don't need the area - just depth. Just poke a hole in the bottom for drainage, add some sand and peat, and ....

I have bags and bags of those things.
smile_n_32.gif

You know you're a CP'er when your internet history has about 500 sites, all of those related to CPs in some way.

You know you're a CP'er when you use the condensation from your greenhouse and a comb to get your hair under control in the morning. (i do that every day)

I love collecting jars and containers and stuff :p

You know when your a CP'er when your midnight snack consists of Nepenthes and Sarracenia nectar.
biggrin.gif

On a non-carnivorous note, you know your a plant lover when your parents are redoing the yard and are about to take out the lawn when you say "wait, save the grass!". You then take out a pot, take a chunk of dirt with grass, and plant it. My friend Andrew did that (really, he did!) and the grass is currently growing on his windowsill. The funny thing is, he is taking great care of it, while his parent's lawn (he's 13) was turning brown, and dying.

Speaking of snacks....

You know you're a CPer when you buy extra large containers of things like peanut butter or pickles just to get the jar.

or,

You get Chinese take-out mostly to get the container with lid to plant CP seeds or propagate plants.

Bill, I did that! I housed my original plants in an old (cleaned out) plastic pretzel container.

I remember you talking about that! wow... maybe I've been on here too long. NAH!!!!!!!

Ha! So it's not just me....

The largest size peanut butter jar works pretty good inverted over a 3 or 4 inch pot - I always carry my tape measure when cruising the local Salvation Army, BJ's Wholesale, or Tag sales to be sure ....

An intermediate peanut butter container can work too. Here's Kirk, from the Dec. NECPS meeting last year (inside is a seedling N. (clipeata x ventricosa) x (clipeata x ventricosa)):
20031213-NECPS-Yankee%20Swap-Kirk.jpg

Oh yeah, that's creamy style PB.

Back