What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I fear the stagnation of terraforums

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cindy @ Nov. 22 2004,9:09)]Ahh...this forum is for people like me who
1. live in a tropical country, so plants that I grow will grow year round. Thus...many questions.
2. is terribly forgetful; will be back asking the same question, paraphrased

smile_m_32.gif
1. I have no idea what tropical weather really is year round. I am green with envy for people that can grow neps outside without a greenhouse. You see those commerials were you can spell dry on the back of your hand, that is me.

2. I totally agree with you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]no its not the number of posts replyed to each day, schotty, but how many reply posts are in a given topic each day.

Agreed. Therefore, the only solution is to overun a few continents with cps and hope some potential cpers notice.

Right you are, Cindy.

Will you all stop worrying?
This forum has survived since 2001, meaning it has already done through 2 winters and there have been 2 stagnation periods, but TF never stopped!

The forum was very active in january-febuary when i first came, in winter

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Nov. 21 2004,3:53)]and if I don't have much to add, or questions to ask, it's still a big net positive. These are things that you can't find anywhere else.

And beyond that, it's a strangely benevolent and lucid community.

Capslock
Once I discovered PM's I've made some new friends - and they are precious to me! I have also learned about as much about cp's as I have about pc's.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Nov. 24 2004,4:40)]I have also learned about as much about cp's as I have about pc's.
That, my brother, is a memorable saying. Mark one up for jimscott.

Ok NOW its picking up speed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dyflam @ Nov. 24 2004,9:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Nov. 24 2004,4:40)]I have also learned about as much about cp's as I have about pc's.
That, my brother, is a memorable saying. Mark one up for jimscott.
Thank, Dyflam! This has been the legacy of many a baby-boomer. That and living in denial of chronolgical age.

Yeah, jimscotscoot really DISCOVERED this PM thing.. since many moons ago me and jimscotscoot have kept up a constant, never-ending PM conversation.

Anyhoo, board stagnation happens at every board that ever exists.. happened to RWTW (remember I told you all about that?) got stagnant with the leaving of old members and many n00bs and BS running rampant.. it just went to hell.. no matter how much we fought it. I was promoted to mod along with several others to help the situation, and I closed the, like, 339th topic about how hOrRiBlE RWTW is doing, and I closed it, because the new admin (the one the original @#$% admin left as admin when she abandoned us) had specifically TOLD us to do it, and the old admin, who had recently returned (although the new admin was still admin), blew up on me and gave me BS like, "Just try to hear the members out for once!!" Yeah right! That small closed down 50 topics A DAY when she was still coming there regularly without "hearing them out"! Besides, the new admin made the rules now, not her. I was TOLD to close that crap. Anyhoo, later on I posted a question about something in the issues forum, and it contained a few cuss words, because I was extremely frustrated. Everyone should've been used to that from me by then, but the old admin got on me about it, calling me "irresponsible" and a "bad mod" and the like.. you guys, this gal was TEN TIMES as bad as me with her mouth before this issue arose, and now SHE is criticizing ME? Anyhoo, I edited my post, and in the messege I posted about the fact that I edited it, I included the D word, which is barely even a cuss word, and was the only one in that post, and was .01% of the amount of cuss words she uses. She replied with, in exact words, "Keep on cussing, girl." I got so pissed.. anyway, the argument kept going a little, and eventually I posted a reply in another topic (totally unrelated), and it contained the A word or some crap, and she BANNED ME PERMANANTLY! She's such a frickin' hypocrite.. everything she yelled at ME about she did tenfold! *seethes* Well, enough of my ranting..

Back