Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I fear the stagnation of terraforums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Iv been here a year. Over the past half year, i have noticed old members leavin, and few new members coming in to take their place in the forum. The Frewuency of posts has gone ||
    \/

So muchso that i fear that if we dont see a re-emergence of old members or a signifigent influx of new members, terraforums will become as stagnant as a bucket of water left out for a month. This is the fate of the previous forum i frequented as well...

And the worst part is theres no way to stop the slow, inexerable decline of activity.

That is how i feel, and this is what it looks like to me. I hope i am wrong, but i have seen it happen before elsewhere.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats the kind of talk that will kill a forum.Most people dont post as much as others,seams like some people just post stuff to get as many posts as possible.Most people have other things to do than be on their cpu most of the day.It always slows down in the fall/winter.Come spring people will be posting like crazy!

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the forum seems busier than ever to me!
    I have been here several years..I notice no decline at all..
    IMO there is no problem at all..
    Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been here long, but it seems like i always get a reply to something.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no its not the number of posts replyed to each day, schotty, but how many reply posts are in a given topic each day.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I do agree we all just need to post alot more to keep this place alive. Though, I don't have any questions to ask. The only questions I have to ask are kind of dumb since they've been anserwed before.
    But, I don't really see a decline in the forums too much. It's just that winter is coming and a majority of the plants are asleep. I see alot more talk in the spring and summer.
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if it's really people leaving but rather once we've all figured out how to grow our little pretties (if only our school teachers ever knew how hard we worked at these plants we'd all be getting A's in science and horticulture classes!) there's no need to post the same questions and answers again and again.
    We get involved in other stuff. I myself still read the newest topics each day but my post quantity has gone down due to other activities. If someone asks a question and 5 people give the same answer then repeating the info isn't necessary so I don't post a lot anymore but I still enjoy my visits everyday and help out where I can if no one's answered a question on Nepenthes that I somehow feel qualified to answer. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swords baisically summed up what I had to say
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast