Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The big mystery...

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are fast...its not a long rumble like an earthquake (we just had one of those a several months ago). Its more like an explosion...Kaa-BOOOM!!!...fast, loud and forceful. Shakes the house, rattles windows not to mention scares the **** out of you because you aren't expecting it.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah its probably a sonic boom. even if it was a prank it would probably be at least a 2-3 second explosion. Sonic booms are forceful and last only about .1 seconds
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aliens, it's got to be aliens!!

Earthquakes can hit like that as well.. at least up here.. I know I have felt a few that just hit the house with a loud *boom* .. and when we lived by a lake the ice cracking would have the same effect.. but condsidering the area I'm sure that isn't it .. sounds scary though [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this from 2001:

http://www.100megsfree4.com/farshores/nboomvir.htm

and a local story from yesterday:
    news story

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that was so cool to read that article about the SEALS practicing on the ghost fleet. when i lived in VA Beach last year, we did a lot of water sampling on the James River and several of the sampling sites were around the ghost fleet. i can't imagine people in Richmond hearing that. i would think Norfolk, Newport News area definitely would though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know! I know!

The Democrats are imploding. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i doubt they are "hearing an explosion" to be said for some military training, etc.

these things are doing physical movement on items.

if anything, i would think sonic boom. and the military always denies until they are caught.

gas line? no someone would smell it.
    plates? no cause they rumble.. if a plate was causing the boom, then you would think the plate was dropping 5 sudden feet or something.. cause these are sudden booms, not rumblings. and plates cause earthquakes and tidal waves, not a boom and hit your stuff down.

bomb?
    i dont know much about bombs, but something causing that large of an area to be effected would have some kind of mark left on the area it was set off.
    an air wave boom even causes a disruption in the plants, ground, etc. so if it was a bomb, there would be tracks left.

no idea

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast