Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "weed" cp's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob makes a very good point but i would like to stress if you are REALLY into Utrics and keep a large variety. any Utric that self pollenates and puts out seeds has a high chance of creating a problem in your collection if you let it form seed pods. if you want seeds from a particular species for yourself or others its best to remove its pot to another location away from the other Utrics till you harvest the seeds. also if you keep a bunch of different Utrics in the same tray you really must pull the pots out on a regular basis to check for runners coming out the drain holes other wise you get a bunch of pots each with a bunch of different Utrics.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you try to grow dandelions in a Maine peat bog, the S. purpureas that crowd them out would be noxious weeds. Is Roundup labeled for Sarracenias?
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say D. Capensis, N. Ventrata (and parents), N. Sanguinea, S. Purpurea, and i'm not too familiar with ultrics.

In case your wondering, i picked these because they are easy to grow (hence, more surviving seed) and for their speed (Sanguinea is really fast in my collection).
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a hard time calling a Nep a weed. it may grow like one but nothing a minute with the clippers wont take care of. in my mind it must spread readily by seed to me a weed. it has to creat a problem. a vining Nep only causes any sort of a problem if you leave it alone for months. other than that getting rid of the cuttings is the only problem and the trade forum is an effective way. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Webster's dictionary defines "weed" as:
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]1. a valueless plant growing wild, esp. one that grows on cultivated ground to the exclusion or injury of the desired crop.
    2. any undesirable or troublesome plant, esp. one that grows profusely where it is not wanted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weed is just a another name for a incredebly sucessfull species.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,
    I will take your weeds, except D.capensis 'Wide leaf' and Alba,
    D. spathulata, D. spathulata 'Fraiser Island' (I would like any other spathulata varients, locations), U. subulata (except location), and N. ventra.
    Thanks
    Tre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have burmanni thriving in every pot in my grow area. It will be interesting to see if they survive dormancy when I put my VFT's in the fridge tomorrow. The prevailing winds scatter the incredibly tiny seeds everywhere. Three are growing in my habenero pepper pot which sets on the ground three feet from my CP's.
    However, they are such cuties that I could never describe them as weeds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12