Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "but i told you...!"

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, that's how I am. I am told to do something, I repeat it in my head over and over, but it just never gets done.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I've got it figured out: Guys have three basic file folders in our brains called:
    1) "And this affects my life - how?"
    2) "This affects my life - when?"
    3) "This affects my life - NOW!"

Folder #1 has an automatic purge feature. As soon as it's entered - it is deleted.

Folder #2 is designed for short term memory and then is intended to be transferred to Folder #3.

Folder #3 is for crises, emergencies (there is a difference), and the occasional well thought out plan.

The trouble is between the interchange between Folders 2 & 3. I think it's a RAM thing. So the female significant other goes to Sytem Tools and starts with a simple Disk Cleanup and removes a few cobwebs. Then she goes to Scan Disk and runs into trouble because there are errors that need to be repaired and other fragments of info that need to be re-integrated. Eventually, she gets through Scan Disk and then attempts a Defrag, that takes like forever, to get things back into place. For good measure, she then runs a mindware program that uncovers all these other fragments of potentially incoherent stuff, needing to be purged of its data miners. Forget the firewall and anti - virus programs because they are hopelessly outdated. Ultimately, she will have to resort to the inevitable - a total cleaning out of the system and starting from scratch.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm, looks like 90% of my brain is designated for folder #1 and the other 9% is split between Folder types 2 & 3. I'm not sure where the other 1% got off to, but it's around here somewhere. Give me a minute to .......
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will not find it. It is reported as a bad sector.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your right! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Jimscott....thanks for explaining my husband and sons to me in the finest computerese. Now I understand the problem...
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    The opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of the management. And the management will be happy to hear that!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boys, guys, men...it's called SELECTIVE AMNESIA. My dad and my husband can remember dates and tons of stuff about their interests but what I tell them is automatically trashed the minute it leaves my mouth. Sometimes if I dig hard enough, I can still fish it out from the trash bin followed by the "oh yes...you mentioned it before...I must have forgotten...but you must have told me when I was distracted..."

Sigh.. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] It can't be helped, it's natural. Over the years, I've learnt two strategies to cope. If it's trivial matter, I'll yakkity-yak and let it pass when they forget. But if I want them to remember, I'll keep very very quiet during the usual chatty moments. Both dad and hubby can't stand it when I keep quiet so they'll ask.

"now, what's wrong?"
    "nothing..."
    "but you're so quiet"
    "nah..thinking"
    "about?"
    "<haha> GOT YOU!" [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Besides, girls, gals and ladies got to check their boyfriends', husbands', fathers' and sons' ears. My husband's ears are close to his head which means when he's facing me, he can't hear me as well as compared to turning his face away!! Irony is, I didn't figure this out myself, he told me! lol
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cindy,

Unfortunately, in my experience most women have the gift of gab far more than I have the gift of listening. To be point blank, I may not information about a coworker terribly interesting after 10 minutes. At this point the polite, customary procedure is to just nod and smile. If any questions are asked, a simple leading question will get me back on track enough to formulate a valid response. I think this is a fair compromise between me actually being bored out of my mind, or me telling someone they are boring. It's really a no-win situtation, and not remembering later what was discussed is simply a side-effect of this non-listening state.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast