Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "but i told you...!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no! Not you and my husband too! Both suffering from the "in one ear and out the other" syndrome at the same time! This is too much for me when not only my husband but my friends begin to succumb.

Laura's lesson #1, woman can be very petty and some of us tend to think that what ever we have to say is extremely important and that our husbands should cling to every word. So... do not set yourself up by making statements such as "news to me". Get in the habit of doing what Carl does and nod your head and smile. Silence, although often misunderstood... is never misquoted or open to debate or criticism. I know he is patronizing me but that's ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What!! They are not supposed to hang on my every word!...

Actually that is a really good thing. If he ever caught those words said in low volume I would be in for it.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am really really terribly sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news but...
    No, they don't have to hang on our every word. A sad, but true reality that I have learned from 20 years of marriage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only twenty?????
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if he had heard so much as half the crap I mumbled under my breath it would have been more like 2 or 3 years so selective male hearing is probably God's way of protecting marriages. Do the years we cohabitated count for anything?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol.I forget stuff I hear every one does......
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dads always saying to me to just shut up though instead of arguing when I know I`m right(say it`s a plant thing) Hmm.....can`t convince myself to do that yet.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laura, Its hard to say whether or not the many years count for anything. One thing I know, relationships are as sensitive as the world around us, and just as fragile. You never know what will make it stronger, and you never know what will blow it up, and you take it day by day. Always hope for the best, and work hard to make it work. I have done this for 30 years, and it isn't at all easy, and has come close to coming apart once or twice, but we plod on, still working on it. Looks like life is a load of work, with some pleasure thrown in to keep us sane. (I still like it though!)
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast