Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lizards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    calm down im thinkingv aoud andf anyway thheyd likely eat it.shheesh.... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and I was just joking... hence the :P at the end.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew absolutely nothing about lizards before I made this post...now I know more than I ever needed. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    I made a large net out of cheese cloth and a coat hanger. My two day score for lizard evictions is five Carribean (I call them Cuban) Brown Anoles, one Florida green and two geckos. However, this is not working well. During the process I knocked over my beer and a pile of bills I wanted to pay...had to spend twenty minutes cleaning up that mess. And my neighbors must think I'm nuts...running around inside the house at night with a butterfly net.

Hey PAK, Why don't you bring Ollie Bean down? We could station him by the back door...kinda' like the border patrol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I moved to Nebraska in 76 at age 12, from North Carolina, the reptile/amphibian population went majorly down, lol.
    The brown invasive anole(if my thinking is right) is the Bahama anole. It has a little dark diamond pattering on it's back. The common ones can change from green to brown(as mentioned) and run a little larger in size. I have seen three anoles in floral departments/greenhouses around here and they were all Bahama ones, so they must be taking over.
    The Cuban knight anole is the largest species ...I am not sure on the size, maybe 18"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol... you think you know something?
    Geckos can walk on vertical glass. Their feet and toes are lined with microscopic hairs that branch out and so as they're moving it creates static electricity which "glues" them to the glass. The collective force of all of them is so strong, in fact, that they have to peel their toes as they walk [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    anoles can also walk on glass (I thinik) but I don't know how they do it :P
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of geckos live in fl.?
    Lauderdale, you should mail them to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozzy, I tried to put up pics of two young ones but for some reason The PFT photo gallery...even though I am logged on...won't allow me to add them...so I can't post them. Do you know why that would be happening.

Anyway, I will describe them. The mature ones are up to 5 inches in length and have five large padded toes on each foot. They have very large black eyes, vary in color (depending on the color of the backround) from light tan to very dark brown and have two to three thick dark colored "V's" on their back with ten to twelve broad dark rings on their tails.

I would like to post the pics but, like I say I the PFT isn't letting me add them for some reason.

Come on down Ozzy. Bring PAK and Ollie. You can have all you can catch. However, I would strongly suggest not messing with the gators or the male iguana. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok! I had my firewall set too high and it was blocking my ability to address the PFT photo gallery. These guys are not mature. Here are the pics.
    One of my bathroom geckos.

One of my den geckos.

There are...were...at least three in each room and that does not include the the two different kind of anoles.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast