User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ultrasonic mist makers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just curious, has anyone used those ultrasonic mist makers around their CP? I figured they would be able to keep the humidity pretty high, especially in a terrarium or setting it next to the plants. If you have, have they helped any?

If you are not sure what I'm talking about, I've included a few links that shows them. They create fog by sound waves...they look pretty cool.
    http://www.physlink.com/estore/cart/...cMistMaker.cfm
    http://www.mainlandmart.com/foggers.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dwight
    I've used the ultrasonic misters in my CP set up with no negative effects. I wouldn't say they made a drastic improvement, more like a neutral addition to the terrarium (only improved it aesthetically, really).
    The important thing is to have very good air circulation, and lots and LOTS of bright light (compact fluorescents were easiest in this case). I used to keep the mister on the whole day, and switch the fan on manually if I thought there was a dense enough mat of mist floating at the bottom of my tank. Also, mushrooms I grew in the same tank have fruited more readily in this environment.
    Keep in mind however that they do not cool, but warm the water, eventually (at least in my experience). Good luck!

Amori

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use them in my grow chambers and I noted a great deal of improvement in steadying the humidity level. In the highland chamber I noted that the ultra sonic must be kept on the top shelf to work well. If it is on the bottom the mist does not rise well. I am sure that it is because it is colder in the chamber and the mist is cool, thus does not rise well.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use the exo terra fogger

its splashes, so if you put it in a terrarium the water needs to be pretty deep (cause it uses at of water, 200mL a day) and it splashes so plants will get splashed if they are near it

my exo terra fogger after 10 minutes moved my humidty from 60 to 80.
    if i had left it on more then that it would definitely have raised it more.

my terrarium is a 120 gallon 4 ft wide fish tank
    my pond isnt big so i ended up sticking the fogger in a tupperware on the soil.

it cools while it goes as well..

hope that helps. and it was about 31 bucks (including shipping) for me to get it.