What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I found my tf profile page on a google search

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I was having a dialogue with a friend about the trust factor of the internet and for the fun of it, I did a Google search on my given name and my forum name.

I discovered that someone else with my name is a reknowned book writer. I also found another laboratory person with my forum name and a yet another, on a different discusion forum, who is a Christian with a JW girlfriend, asking whether it was okay to marry her. Weird!

I also found my TF profile page, complete with name, address, and IM names. I don't mind being a bit more open with ya'll, because I thought only forum people were the only ones who could see this info. But EVERYBODY can see it!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
mad.gif
I may have to cut some info out. Is there a way of having that link in particular from the internet?

Whaddya think?
confused.gif

Scott you would be surprized what you can find on the internet. Place your phone number with area code in a Google search. It will give your name, address, and a map to your house.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

You can find all kinds of info like this.
I forget the link, but there is one out there you can have your info removed from a phone number search. I did that some time ago.

I searched a members TF username to see what I would find and it took me to their profile!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I did this around 2 months ago but I never told anybody because I didnt think it was important.

It is scary, and the kids are most at risk because of all the evil people out there.

If you go to Yahoo, and run a search on "scam wars" it has a couple of my friends that have changed since the pics were taken(about 2 years ago). It's kinda cool.

Nothing is secret on the internet. Do not post anything you do not want people to see. Like this  
smile_r_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ Dec. 07 2004,6:32)]Scott you would be surprized what you can find on the internet. Place your phone number with area code in a Google search. It will give your name, address, and a map to your house.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

You can find all kinds of info like this.
I forget the link, but there is one out there you can have your info removed from a phone number search. I did that some time ago.
And where you can enter name and it will give you there full adress\phone number but can be very useful when you lose a phone number!

I did a search on my forum name and I got a long list of websites of devoted fans. I didn't know I was that popular.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Dec. 07 2004,3:15)]I did a search on my forum name and I got a long list off websites of devoted fans. I didn't know I was that popular.
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Dec. 07 2004,3:15)]I did a search on my forum name and I got a long list of websites of devoted fans. I didn't know I was that popular.
Learn something new everyday! I wonder if Travis would on any search engine? I doubt it...  
smile_n_32.gif
It would say "Do you mean Pyro?"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Dec. 07 2004,3:15)]I did a search on my forum name and I got a long list of websites of devoted fans. I didn't know I was that popular.
Try putting in your real name and see what happens! There may be just a few less devoted fans!

Seriously, I just wanted my profile to be anything but a mystery to folks, here, but I certainly didn't know that I was an open book to the whole world - to any hacker, predator or virus transmitter.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Try putting in your real name and see what happens! There may be just a few less devoted fans!

I did that a few years ago, I found a guy in England with my name that was in the parlimant.

I just did another search and I got 84 pages. Here's one of the sites.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Mark Todd
Mark Todd. The Incredible F-Man! #1. One of the best superhero comics I've ever seen! Not to spoil my review in the first sentence, but there you go.

well since i rarely am very open about my personal life and info i dont have this problem. look at my profile, it doent tell u that much about me

ok i looked up my forum name and i can say with ashurence that i wouldnt be reidely accesible to anyone

Hehe, copper gets you anything but me. My real name sends you straight to my place of employ. Those that are mad enough to try to find me probably already know where I work. That's why they're mad.

I did find my profile using something else. I have altered it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Copper @ Dec. 07 2004,7:18)]My real name sends you straight to my place of employ.
It also sends me some other places where I learn that you are
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]a certified Pressure Point Control Tactics Management Systems and Sexual Harassment, Assault and Rape Prevention Instructor.
Now, that is a real title!

Holy crap.. my TF profile is on Google too O_O

And the link to the TF Reptiles forum because my Leopard Gecko caresheet it pinned there..

And a link to a CPUK topic because jimscotscoot mentioned my flower stalk experiment there and Noah replied.. "Yeah Tanya aka. flytrapgurl,Ftg,love sick kenney chesney fan. Lol." Wow.. old news.

Hmmm.. I shall now try my huge, massive clump of other board screennames I have used in the past on the huge, massive clump of other boards I've gone to.. this is fun!

Back