Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is this world coming to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Travis @ Dec. 09 2004,9:06)]Tighter gun control. They will have to pry the guns out of my hands before I give them up. Send me to prison and I will still never give up mine guns...End of story on my part. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    LOL. Charlton Heston Jr. That was the funniest moment, C. Heston holding up a gun after the columbine incident and proclaiming "From my cold, dead hands!" No offense to Travis, but personally, people who think like that frighten me. You'd think they'd give up their first-born before they'd give up their right to bear arms. As long as our government stays in charge of this country, our right to bear arms will never be taken away. Maybe it's wrong to think like that. I don't know. I don't have any guns, have no use for them. I don't hunt. I don't know why else you would need them. You have a better chance of getting killed on the interstate then you do by random acts of violence. How many lives have been saved by having guns in your home? How many have been unnecessarily taken by having guns in your home? Probably 50 times as many i'd guess. i'm not at all against guns, i'm actually against gun control. i just think too many people have them for the wrong reasons. unless you hunt or are a drug dealer, you really don't need one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (sarracenia @ Dec. 10 2004,10:02)]No offense to Travis, but personally, people who think like that frighten me. You'd think they'd give up their first-born before they'd give up their right to bear arms. As long as our government stays in charge of this country, our right to bear arms will never be taken away. Maybe it's wrong to think like that. I don't know. I don't have any guns, have no use for them. I don't hunt. I don't know why else you would need them. You have a better chance of getting killed on the interstate then you do by random acts of violence. How many lives have been saved by having guns in your home? How many have been unnecessarily taken by having guns in your home? Probably 50 times as many i'd guess. i'm not at all against guns, i'm actually against gun control. i just think too many people have them for the wrong reasons. unless you hunt or are a drug dealer, you really don't need one.
    I would much rather have a gun then a butter knife. My guns are in a safe besides my one hand gun. It is hard to get some points across through typing because you do not know the tone of the personís voice and a lot of assuming goes on when reading. I admit my details suck but I am not going to write a 3 page report on why we need stop passing gun laws or on my beliefs on guns. All I can say is read some books and do some research. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Travis...and Charlton Heston. Don't blame this on firearms. Blame it on the demented person who pulled the trigger.
    Guns do not kill people. People kill people.

There are far more deaths caused by bad drivers, drunk drivers and stoned drivers than by people carrying firearms. Who among you are willing to give up your cars? Who among you are willing to give up drinking or doing drugs?
    Hmmm! Just as I thought...none of you.
    Then I am not willing to give up my right to bear arms.

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Lauderdale @ Dec. 09 2004,11:53)]Guns do not kill people. People kill people.
    Beat me to it.

Criminals will be able to get guns regardless of any gun control laws.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guitarist's brother, Vinnie Paul Abbott, the drummer for Damageplan, was rushed to safety offstage and tearfully tried to learn his brother's fate from officers who had little information in the confusion.

I copied this from CNN I don't think Vinnie is dead.

I was able to pay tribute last night on stage. Being from TX I've crossed path with them on occasion. Almost always by accident. Dime was always down to earth, animated, but down to earth. Sucks can't say anything else.
    I always suspect everything could be a trap... thats why I'm still alive
    N.A.S.C. Region 9 Head Grower

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/ZAK

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard from a friend in LA that Vinnie wasn't shot. Panteras website still says that both were shot.
    Quote[/b] ]Breaking News: Dimebag and Vinnie shot at Columbus Damageplan Show.
    I guess it goes to show the confusion and rumors that go on after something like this.

To the guy that said that the only reasons to have guns are hunting and dealing drugs. I own guns and I don't hunt or deal drugs. I like target shooting. I love shooting guns. I also want to be able to protect my family and myself if I ever need to.
    I have had a situation where my gun saved lives. I was at a house when a guy showed up with a knife, and tried to stab his ex gf and her daughter. I pulled my gun and he stopped and left. Because I had a gun nobody was hurt even the guy with the knife. I had every right to shot this guy, but I didn't because I made sure he saw the gun and I gave him the opportunity to leave. If I had to I would have shot him.
    I agree that we should have gun laws, but I think the laws we have in place are not working. A criminal don't care about gun laws and no matter how tough they are it will not stop somebody that wants one to commit a crime. We need a way to get the guns out of criminals hands. They are the ones that do almost all of the killings.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a qoute from CNN posted on Panteras website

Quote[/b] ]According to eyewitness accounts, the gunman initially shot and killed the band's guitarist, Dimebag Darrell. Darrell, 38, and his brother, Vinnie Paul, 40, are former members of Pantera -- a group they formed in the 1980s. Their father is Jerry Abbott, a country and western songwriter and producer.
    The following is posted at the Web site of WCMH TV Channel 4, the NBC affiliate in Columbus at http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.htm

Quote[/b] ]Two members of the heavy metal band Damageplan were reportedly shot and killed, including Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band Pantera, NBC 4's David Wayne reported. The other band member's name was not released. The alleged gunman also died at the scene, Wayne reported.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Guns do not kill people. People kill people.
    You could also say "Guns don't kill kids. Kids kill kids."

But that would be manipulative. And I don't believe it anyway. My opinions on gun control are not in line with my otherwise way-left political views. I support private gun ownership.

I agree that, in the LONG run, banning guns would bring the death toll of gun violence down. But at first, it would just mean that only criminals have guns.

Regardless, bringing the murder rate down isn't the only important thing in the world. A cursory look at history shows how quickly things change on a geo-political level. One never knows when lawlessness will rule, or if the government will turn fascist on us. Sure, it seems like an impossibility now, but it's happened too often in history to ignore, and this exact possibility was a motivating factor in putting gun rights into the Constitution.

It's funny, the left likes every Bill of Rights ammendment EXCEPT that one, and the right likes that one but none of the others. I say we respect 'em all!

Oh, and RIP to Mr. Darrell and the other victims. Seems like they were respected guys and will be missed.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast