Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free to good home:

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My daughter is a bit of a "pack rat". She is like part squirrel and stores many things in her room - and then promptly forgets where they are. (I have a friend who refers to these things as "treasures." Riiiight!) Among the many things she takes in there, against all our objections, are fresh fruit. This has one small, yet significant side effect. Yup, you guessed it! I'm thinking of putting some of plants in her room, as this might be quite a beneficial arrangement. But if it doesn't work out... it's one free daughter & several fruit flies to a good home! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Should this have gone in the Trading Post?

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] . Must be a daughter thing. Mine does the same thing, only it overflows into the rest of the house.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several years ago, a cat left a dead mouse in my daughter's room and we, in our infinite wisdom, said the mouse must have been in there because of my daughter dropping crumbs while having food in there. No one can bring food into her room now and she makes people stay outside the door until they finish whatever they're eating.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't the fruit smell horrible? I can't believe she misplaces everything that enters her room.
    I, uh, have a confession to make. When i went to boy scout camp for two weeks, i left and empty cup of hot cocoa in my room (at home). It looked like foam, ugly discolored foam. I refused to clean it, or even touch it until i got some latex gloves. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. I do the same thing. Every couple of days or so my room STINKS. it takes a while to locate and exterminate the source.
    one time it was chocolate milk, another it were some puffballs inside a bag, potatoes sitting in water, fruit (it had TONS of nematodes :P), sugarwater, etc.
    The realy bad stuff is when OOPPSS! it fell on the carpet!!!
    I've had peat, glue (now THAT was hard to get off), mud, algae, highlighter ink, regular pen ink, etc.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In an unrelated incident, I picked up a coffee mug with a lid on it. When I disturbed the contents thereof, a hoard of fruit flies jettisoned the mug, like bats fleeing a cave. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe... back in high school I had a really, really messy friend, Mike. Among the nasty things that my other friends and I uncovered while hanging out at Mike's house was a coffee mug with some foul, chunky substance in it. My friend Julia took a look at it and asked, "What is this crap, chili?" and Mike replied, "That's some coffee from the other week."
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I've got some good ones. First off, I had a messy roommate in the dorms. She left a BIG bowl of milk left over from her cereal right next to the door, and left for X-mas break. I was already gone. Humidity is high there, so instead of evaporating, it just rotted. Two weeks or so later, I open the door with my arms packed full of luggage and STEPPED into the bowl. It stank, was chunky, and was all over my shoe and the floor. Of course, I had to clean it up.

Years later, I had another famously messy roommate. His only saving grace was that he mostly ate junk food, so there were less critters and smells to worry about. My other roommate and I planned to throw a potato into his room (mimicks throwing a grenade over wall) to see if a plant would grow. At the last minute we decided not to do it, since the roots may have grown into the carpet and we'd be responsible for replacing it. When this roommate moved out, his floor was clean, because the junk and filth on top had protected from dust!
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast