What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you get for christmas?

mad.gif
*shakes fist* don't insult your seniors you young fool!

bah... kids these days.

lol, you're a year older and you call yourself my senior? lol.. ok so i'm 6'2" and you're what like 5'2"? lol...

5' 5'' actually.
and it's a year and 2 months HA! LOL

there's a reason I'm the ALPHA wolf.
he he he...

I fight with my brain. That's all I've needed so far.
laugh.gif

size doesn't matter too much... it's how dense they are...
shows yours ain't so dense now is it?
smile_n_32.gif

hmmmmmmmmmmm maybe i should have left out the vodka part. bunch of drunk younging stumbling around puking in terrariums isnt going to be good
confused.gif
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]otherwise big baleen whales would be so advanced they'd be teleporting already LOL.
Well it depends on density, everything is less dense in the water. :p

and your brain is surrounded by liquid so it would be the same
biggrin.gif

As long as that liquid isn't Rattler's vanilla vodka. I've never seen so much bad behavior from people who didn't even drink the vodka. This is why I steer clear of the stuff. I prefer good beer or cheap red wine with a real cork.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Dec. 17 2004,9:28)]size doesn't matter too much... it's how dense they are...
From what I remember from my biology/anatomy class, it's more a matter of surface area and the brain-to-body mass ratio (more neural connections + more brain controlling less motor nerves = higher mental function.)
That's why apes and such have wrinkly brains and bulbous heads, whereas the less-clever vertebrates such as fuzzy mice and goldfish have more or less ovular, smooth brains and (relatively) streamlined skulls.
~Joe

PS - And did anyone catch that double-entendre by AlphaWolf? Density, heh.
smile.gif

humans like to oversimplify things when they're more complex than that.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The brain of the sperm whale weighs 7,800g, the elephant's weighs 7,500g, man's weighs 1,500g, the dolphin's 840g, and the brain of a mouse weighs 0,4g. If these figures are used to determine intelligence, then the sperm whale and the elephant are five times as intelligent as man, who in turn is twice as intelligent as the dolphin, which in turn is 2,000 times as intelligent as a mouse. Should we rank animals in order of how large their brains are in relation to their body weight, then the mouse would come out on top with its brain comprising 3.2%, the dolphin's 0.9% and the sperm whale's 0,021%. Neither absolute brain weight nor the relationship between brain weight and body size provide us with sensible criteria for comparing the intelligence of different species.
http://www.highnorth.no/Library/Myths/br-si-bo.htm
it depends on many things. I've seen elephant brains in tv (I think they're 40 times as big as ours?) and they're bigger and they look as rugged as ours (to me)
http://www.praxagora.com/stevet....e12.gif
it is also false that every time we learn something we get a new wrinkle :p the stupidest human on earth and the smartest human on earth have the same # and size of wrinkles.
when they studied einstein's brain once he died, they found it was average size but more compact :p
so in conclusion....
it's not as simple as that :p (one of my mottos)

It's not the size of your brain but how you use it that counts.:D

*cough cough* Read the first sentence anyone said in this page
lol

haha.. the conversation went from alcohol to brains..

actually from x-mas to brains
biggrin.gif

even YOU forgot aobut the x-mas part LOL!

Back