Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: It's flu season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Dec. 17 2004,1:04)]i reread the thread and i realize NepenthesMaster you didnt say you had the flu BUT to all others i want to make sure you realize antibiotics do jack for the flu. antibiotics work against bacteria. the flu is a virus and antibiotics are useless for it. lay in bed, get lots of fluids and tuff it out.
    I said i have bronchitis, which is a bacterial infection.

Anyway, for a virus like a cold of the flu, i just take some advil, get an ice pack, and watch some TV.

The problem with antibiotics is that they used to give them out like candy. Now they're paying for it. I don't know which of you have been to indonesia, but CIPRO (best and last resource for antibiotics) IS OVER THE COUNTER AT ANY PHARMACY! I'd hate to see what happens when there is a plague of bronchitis or something...
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    honestly i couldnt remember if bronchitis was bacterial or not. ive never had it. you just started out the thread as flu season and in a later post mentioned antibiotics. my post was not ment directly for you it was tword the board in general. no offence intended or ment twords you NepenthesMaster.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know, the words: 'all others' tipped me off. And no offense taken. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm not sick.. yet (unless you count having diarhea and constipation AT THE SAME TIME for months straight). But my best friend Ariel was sick last week, and so was my friend Angelica.. and if anyone's watching The Daily Show lately, Jon sounds like he has a fish in his throat.

You cough when you take a deep breath when you have bronchitis? Apparently I've had bronchitis twice and survived without treatment.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, fever, headeache, coughing A LOT, sometimes hard to breathe, can't lie face up from all the glop sinking in to your throat and making you cough more, and the coughing with breathing in. It eases up over the course of the illness though.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I've had bronchitis in the past nothing has come of it (besides the occasional secondary illness.) When I was in elementary school, however, I remember a friend of mine got bronchitis which developed into pneumonia (which is far more serious) so take care not to let it go too far. That kid was hospitalized for several months as a result.
    Take care of yourselves.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Dec. 17 2004,5:34)]Well, I'm not sick.. yet (unless you count having diarhea and constipation AT THE SAME TIME for months straight).
    Lol. I have those problems all the time....maybe because my tube feed has no fiber,but then again I had it before I was sick.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (seedjar @ Dec. 17 2004,8:19)]When I've had bronchitis in the past nothing has come of it (besides the occasional secondary illness.) When I was in elementary school, however, I remember a friend of mine got bronchitis which developed into pneumonia (which is far more serious) so take care not to let it go too far. That kid was hospitalized for several months as a result.
    Take care of yourselves.
    ~Joe
    I'm taking antibiotics. I'm taking pretty good care of myself too. Anyway, she said it could be a MINOR form of pnumonia. So she found a loophole and gave me an antibiotics used to treat both.

I remember when my (evil) stepmother had pnumonia. I hope she would die [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] . Well, not really. Anyway she didn't die, but was in the the hospital for about a month. Stubborn idiot should have listened to my dad and got a flu shot (the flu became pnumonia).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast