Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's flu season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Well, it's that time again. Flu season. About half the kids in my class are sick and i was wondering who was sick here.

I myself have bronchitis (ugh). I can't even take a deep breath because it makes me cough. On tuesday i have a fever of 103 for a time, and i have a mild headache (took some advil for that).
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me!!! I'm stuffed up, sore throat, dizzy, and tired.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the flu. How I love kindergarteners! they just LOVE to share.
    http://webpages.charter.net/dwhupp/CP.jpg

\"You think the riddle of steel was bad, wait'll you try to wrap yer head around the riddle of peat\" ~mabudon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife, my kid and myself have been experiencing some odd sicknesses. We get recurring bouts of lower abdominal agitation. Namely, cramps, vomiting, diarrhea. They've appeared randomly since around halloween. symptoms last about 24-36 hours, then you feel back to 100%. i would say we have each experienced it at least 3 times since halloween, never at the same time. took our kid to the doctor about it and he pretty much had no idea. ran blood and stool samples and came up with nothing. thought maybe carbon monoxide poisoning, have yet to get a detector, but i don't think it is it. we're thinking it has to be something in the house we're living in. we're moving out by the end of the month, so hopefully it goes away, whatever it is. i've had to call in sick to work twice, and leave early 1 other time, and i've only been working there since august. don't want to start out on a bad foot.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story of my life... I rarely go a month without an ear or respiratory infection. Luckly enough, my classes finished up about ten days ago and I've managed to not contract anything yet.
    NepenthesMaster, if it's accessible, try a tea of two parts dried ginger, one part lemongrass, and one part ginseng (not American - I'd recommend Korean.) Drink it twice a day, hot, and it'll help clear your lungs. It might make you feel a little feverish, so if you're running a particularly high temperature you should wait a while, but according to many schools of herbal medicine the best way to get rid of a fever is to encourage a high temperature and sweat it out.
    Feel better.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't had the flu...but it does sound bad...the vomiting and all. I just have a runny nose as of yet.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sarracenia-- sounds like a bug thats been floating around up my way. Darlas two girls have had it they gave it to their grandpa. my sister and brother have had it as have many other ppl here in town. oddly Darla and i havent.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Cold here last week. I stayed up too late too many nights and that did it. The second I felt it starting I started with Cold - eze and it made it alot less bad than it might have been -- quicker recovery.

Bobby

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast