Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not doing well at all.....

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've felt exactly like that before.. in 2002 when we visited my great aunt and my third cousin in Massachusetts, everybody got sick after a couple weeks.. it was like the worst flu you could ever have.. my throat hurt SO much it was almost unbearable (and I handle pain very well, so that's saying something), and it just got worse if I didn't swallow every few seconds.. so naturally when I got up in the morning, since I hadn't swallowed all night, it hurt like HELL!!!!! I couldn't ingest anything but water and hot tea for about three days, and I felt really week and tired all the time.. one morning I got so hungry I couldn't stand it, so I tried to eat half a grape, and 5 seconds later I vomited the half-grape and every liquid I had ingested previously. During that week everything made me want to vomit.. which is bizarre, since I don't have a weak stomache. That was the worst sickness I've ever had, and we still don't know what it was..

CNC, that sounds like the kind of Diabetes where you have a deficiency of Glucose.. I don't remember what it's called, but my mom has it.. she's always so skinny she looks anorexic, although she eats like ten people. She has to take glucose tablets if she doesn't eat often enough.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you need a second opinion, Pond Boy. I've been going to the same doctor since I was 8, even though I now live more than two hours away from his office. The guy is like family to me, but I still don't always trust him. I've been having chronic sinus/respiratory infections since I moved to NW America and Dr. Alexander still can't give me a definite treatment that doesn't involve just treating symptoms with temporary medications. So I finally went and saw another doctor who specializes in respiratory disorders; he described several surgical procedures which have been shown to treat chronic illness like mine (at the cost of having my sinuses drain like a sieve) and I'm making arrangements to have it done.
    Doctors are people too and sometimes they just get so caught up in your past diagnoses that when something new comes along, they just can't fit their head around it. Have you had any diagnostics taken? If there's a risk of pancreatitis or any sort of major organ disruption you should probably go for at least an X-ray or CAT scan or maybe some arthroscopy.
    Good luck buddy, and hang in there.
    ~Joe

PS - I don't want to pry, but why does this guy have you on muscle relaxants? You're pretty young for that kind of thing. Back when I had migraines my doctor tried everything short of lobotomy before he risked putting me on a habit-forming medication. Now that I think about it, if you're taking muscle relaxants regularly they could be causing some digestive upset. I know prolonged opiate use can cause cyclical bouts of terrible constipation and diarrhea.
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pick on you, of course I am going to pick on you. Your such a....
    Ozzy...Ozzy...put down that bat...I was joking...PUT DOWN THE BAT!

*THUNK*

It's okay. He used the bat that he bit the head off of.

All joking aside, hang in there kid. Christmas is a joyous, but difficult time. We are all with you. After Christmas I go on a 600 calorie intake. I lose weight rapidly then, so at least you will not be alone.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copper, this is my bat. If you want to bit the head off one you'll have to get your own.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (seedjar @ Dec. 19 2004,5:40)]Sounds like you need a second opinion, Pond Boy. I've been going to the same doctor since I was 8, even though I now live more than two hours away from his office. The guy is like family to me, but I still don't always trust him. I've been having chronic sinus/respiratory infections since I moved to NW America and Dr. Alexander still can't give me a definite treatment that doesn't involve just treating symptoms with temporary medications. So I finally went and saw another doctor who specializes in respiratory disorders; he described several surgical procedures which have been shown to treat chronic illness like mine (at the cost of having my sinuses drain like a sieve) and I'm making arrangements to have it done.
    Doctors are people too and sometimes they just get so caught up in your past diagnoses that when something new comes along, they just can't fit their head around it. Have you had any diagnostics taken? If there's a risk of pancreatitis or any sort of major organ disruption you should probably go for at least an X-ray or CAT scan or maybe some arthroscopy.
    Good luck buddy, and hang in there.
    ~Joe

PS - I don't want to pry, but why does this guy have you on muscle relaxants? You're pretty young for that kind of thing. Back when I had migraines my doctor tried everything short of lobotomy before he risked putting me on a habit-forming medication. Now that I think about it, if you're taking muscle relaxants regularly they could be causing some digestive upset. I know prolonged opiate use can cause cyclical bouts of terrible constipation and diarrhea.
    Lol.pry away! I`m on muscle relaxents so that I`m not as anxious and don`t cry as much and to reduce the pressure feeling I guess. I realy don`t know for sure though but they don`t help except for the anxiety from being sick so long.

I did have a cat scan about 5 months ago.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12