What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not doing well at all.....

• Thread starter pond boy
  • Start date
Hey, I`ve just been haveing so much of the pressure feeling lately I can`t even drink the slightest sip of anything or I get realy realy sick. I`m also feeling realy frustrated that I`m not fixed up yet and have no true diagnosis. This is just makeing me so urgahhhAHHH feeling you know. I mean it`s constant and I break down and cry sometimes I don`t know I guess I just want to let off some steam on here and let you guys\gals know how I`m doing.

Sorry if this post gets someone down and I start getting picked on like Dino,
Noah.

I also can`t seem to get more then 1000 calories in a day it`s horrible.:(

Ouch. I've been feeling bad for a day or two at a time like that, but never for a long time, it must be horrible. Your eating too little, i'm eating to much. At least if anyone calls me fat all i have to do is sit on them.
smile_m_32.gif
 . (That was a sad attempt to lighten the mood, i'll do better later on.)

Anyway, i really feel sorry for you Pond Boy. I hope you get better soon.

Your situation is different, so feel free to keep up updated on your progress. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you get better soon.

Ugh, it must be horrible.
smile_h_32.gif

And still no diagnosis?
confused.gif
God, I wonder about these doctors sometimes.......
confused.gif

Im sure you will get through all of this eventually though.
smile.gif

Any idea when you are seeing your new doctor?
Dino
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And still no diagnosis?
confused.gif
God, I wonder about these doctors sometimes.......
confused.gif

yeah I know the feeling.....it took 9 whole years to find out why my back was hurting all the time.
I also have something going on with my metabolism or something, I get really weak, shaky, and irritable when I don't eat right and sometimes when I do eat right. I need to eat the highest calorie foods that I can find, just to maintain my weight. This has been going on since I was about 12 years old, still nowhere even close to finding a diagnosis.
I wish you the best of luck Pondboy.

We'll here for you and anytime you want to let off some steam please feel free to. You don't have to worry about somebody picking on you, I'll see to that myself. I really hope you and your family have the best Christmas possible. Hang in there.

Yep no diagnosis yet(thats correct) Dr.Fleischer is still saying it`s a conversion disorder and is all in my head. Wich has to be completley wrong because of the fact that my feeds make me realy sick and will wake me up at night and there going jejunally wich shouldn`t hurt me unless I have chronic pancreatitis wich is what everything points to.

No,I have no idea when I will see the new doctor but hopefully Dr.Fleischers "diagnoses" of conversion disorder won`t make him imediatley think thats what it is.I mean even the psychiatrist says it isn`t conversion disorder,and I haven`t had that much trauma to cause conversion disorder(one little snake bite come on!) I`ve seen lots of people who had alot more stresses in there life then me and they don`t have it. Dr.Fleischer is just giveing me a boat load of BS trying to get me to see his friend the psyciatrist Dr.Housein.....We where billed for 2 months in a psych ward I was never in! He`s just a horrible un`trustworthy doctor IMO. And he won`t give me any pain meds because they are addictive although he`s had me on addictive muscle relaxents for 6 months!

I just hope this ends soon! I`m fed up....it`s rediculous.

I've felt exactly like that before.. in 2002 when we visited my great aunt and my third cousin in Massachusetts, everybody got sick after a couple weeks.. it was like the worst flu you could ever have.. my throat hurt SO much it was almost unbearable (and I handle pain very well, so that's saying something), and it just got worse if I didn't swallow every few seconds.. so naturally when I got up in the morning, since I hadn't swallowed all night, it hurt like HELL!!!!! I couldn't ingest anything but water and hot tea for about three days, and I felt really week and tired all the time.. one morning I got so hungry I couldn't stand it, so I tried to eat half a grape, and 5 seconds later I vomited the half-grape and every liquid I had ingested previously. During that week everything made me want to vomit.. which is bizarre, since I don't have a weak stomache. That was the worst sickness I've ever had, and we still don't know what it was..

CNC, that sounds like the kind of Diabetes where you have a deficiency of Glucose.. I don't remember what it's called, but my mom has it.. she's always so skinny she looks anorexic, although she eats like ten people. She has to take glucose tablets if she doesn't eat often enough.

Sounds like you need a second opinion, Pond Boy. I've been going to the same doctor since I was 8, even though I now live more than two hours away from his office. The guy is like family to me, but I still don't always trust him. I've been having chronic sinus/respiratory infections since I moved to NW America and Dr. Alexander still can't give me a definite treatment that doesn't involve just treating symptoms with temporary medications. So I finally went and saw another doctor who specializes in respiratory disorders; he described several surgical procedures which have been shown to treat chronic illness like mine (at the cost of having my sinuses drain like a sieve) and I'm making arrangements to have it done.
Doctors are people too and sometimes they just get so caught up in your past diagnoses that when something new comes along, they just can't fit their head around it. Have you had any diagnostics taken? If there's a risk of pancreatitis or any sort of major organ disruption you should probably go for at least an X-ray or CAT scan or maybe some arthroscopy.
Good luck buddy, and hang in there.
~Joe

PS - I don't want to pry, but why does this guy have you on muscle relaxants? You're pretty young for that kind of thing. Back when I had migraines my doctor tried everything short of lobotomy before he risked putting me on a habit-forming medication. Now that I think about it, if you're taking muscle relaxants regularly they could be causing some digestive upset. I know prolonged opiate use can cause cyclical bouts of terrible constipation and diarrhea.

Pick on you, of course I am going to pick on you.  Your such a....
Ozzy...Ozzy...put down that bat...I was joking...PUT DOWN THE BAT!

*THUNK*

It's okay. He used the bat that he bit the head off of.

All joking aside, hang in there kid. Christmas is a joyous, but difficult time. We are all with you. After Christmas I go on a 600 calorie intake. I lose weight rapidly then, so at least you will not be alone.

Copper, this is my bat. If you want to bit the head off one you'll have to get your own.
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seedjar @ Dec. 19 2004,5:40)]Sounds like you need a second opinion, Pond Boy. I've been going to the same doctor since I was 8, even though I now live more than two hours away from his office. The guy is like family to me, but I still don't always trust him. I've been having chronic sinus/respiratory infections since I moved to NW America and Dr. Alexander still can't give me a definite treatment that doesn't involve just treating symptoms with temporary medications. So I finally went and saw another doctor who specializes in respiratory disorders; he described several surgical procedures which have been shown to treat chronic illness like mine (at the cost of having my sinuses drain like a sieve) and I'm making arrangements to have it done.
Doctors are people too and sometimes they just get so caught up in your past diagnoses that when something new comes along, they just can't fit their head around it. Have you had any diagnostics taken? If there's a risk of pancreatitis or any sort of major organ disruption you should probably go for at least an X-ray or CAT scan or maybe some arthroscopy.
Good luck buddy, and hang in there.
~Joe

PS - I don't want to pry, but why does this guy have you on muscle relaxants? You're pretty young for that kind of thing. Back when I had migraines my doctor tried everything short of lobotomy before he risked putting me on a habit-forming medication. Now that I think about it, if you're taking muscle relaxants regularly they could be causing some digestive upset. I know prolonged opiate use can cause cyclical bouts of terrible constipation and diarrhea.
Lol.pry away! I`m on muscle relaxents so that I`m not as anxious and don`t cry as much and to reduce the pressure feeling I guess. I realy don`t know for sure though but they don`t help except for the anxiety from being sick so long.

I did have a cat scan about 5 months ago.

Back