What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy holidays!

Happy holidays everyone! Thanks for another fun filled year of talking plants and hobbies with everyone showing off their little labors of love. I can't wait to see what everyone grows and shows this year!

Now, it's gift bragging time! What did you all get? We trade gifts this evening so I'll start out:

Fat Albert & The Cosby Kids ultimate DVD collection. I remember diggin this cartoon when I was a kid but todays kids probly never heard of it!

Kids in the Hall season 2

A few cans of Expanding Urethane foam for sculping large scale stuff

Wonder Cutter a hot wire knife (for cutting foam)

Black Cat Air compressor with 2 gallon storage tank for my airbrushes to replace my tankless "hobby pump" that oveheats all the time.

Memory Pillow

Nice haul I'd say!
smile.gif

I've got quite a few presents so far, since my dad is Jewish.
biggrin.gif

Mom's christian, so i'll get more tommorrow.
So far i got:

iPod

N. mikei

N. albomarginata

N. bongso

N. stenophylla (those four i got since i couldn't let them just sit in a box for
three days.)

Ghost Recon 2

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

I don't know for sure yet but I think I'm getting a greenhouse/grow chamber or something like that.
I'll let you know in the morning.......

I'll tell ya tomorrow, but so far I got:

N.bicalcarata
D.slakii
S.leucophylla
S.flava
S.alata
Dart Board
sketch pad/characol

smile.gif

drosophyllum
d. macrantha
aikido lessons

I got:

Utricularia sandersonii 'blue flower'
Dionaea muscipula 'Royal Red'
Pinguicula cyclosecta

Non CPs:

Webcam
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Spyro The Dragon: Hero's Tail
CD player
Britney Spears greatest Hits:My Prerogative
Avril Lavign: Under My Skin

"Britney Spears greatest Hits:My Prerogative"

It burns! * screams*

I got a some excellent computer speakers, some kinda skull kinda looks like beaver, a lava lamp, a rare shark-jaw, some dirt bike lessons, candy, clothing, some mold making and casting supplies, some dawing paper, prisma-color pencils, and some wierd woodless coloerd pencils, I am interested to see how they work

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Grim @ Dec. 25 2004,8:37)]"Britney Spears greatest Hits:My Prerogative"

It burns! * screams*

I got a some excellent computer speakers, some kinda skull kinda looks like beaver, a lava lamp, a rare shark-jaw, some dirt bike lessons, candy, clothing, some mold making and casting supplies, some dawing paper, prisma-color pencils, and some wierd woodless coloerd pencils, I am interested to see how they work
i like her music but her behaviour sux bad.

merry christmas, here is my list.

a laptop Latitude D505 (??)
Toffifee chocolate
a shirt
a book about M. C. Escher, a artist from Netherland I think.
Earth, book
geographica, book
Gwen Stefeni CD , Love angel baby music
more chocolate
smile_m_32.gif

Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones
A TON of fly tying stuff
Day passes to Lonesome Dove Ranch
blues.gif

Experience Hendrix CD
A book about the history of the guitar
a ton of Crossroads guitar festival gear

What a great Christmas, semi-white too!
smile_n_32.gif

I did get the greenhouse. Actually it's like a growrack. It's 27 1/8 x 19 1/4 x 49 1/4 high and has 3 shelves. I am gonna use it as an indoor lowland chamber. Now I can get a bunch of lowlander neps
smile_m_32.gif

Now who ships at this time of year???

I got to watch our two kids open their millions of presents (I snuck a children's book on carnivorous plants in there. Ssssneaky, ssssneaky hobbit!) On Christmas Eve, we found a nice house in the jungle for sale. Today, my d. paradoxa bloomed for the first time, and my bical is hatching a new pitcher. Oh yes, and my parents sent me a large bucket of Gummy Bears (I'm 41 years old, mind you).

That was it.

What the hell more could I probably ASK for??

Hans @ hoping everyone else was as lucky as me
SMOF (SentiMental Old Fart)

Sounds like everyone got better stuff than me!
smile_h_32.gif

Nah J/K! I did get to speak with my grandfather who lives in Arkansas for the first time in my life today. There wasn't anything exciting to talk about but now I know he has a voice. I still haven't ever seen a picture of him though.

Hey Grim what're you gonna be molding and casting?! I'm intreagued! Did you get Smooth On products or stuff from Monster Makers?

Two Fleeces. Which, while comfortable, leave me slightly dissapointed in light of the fact that I already own two fleeces (note to self: screw subtlety, drop more hints next year
confused.gif
).

Of course, the 20 inch flatscreen TV leaves me unable to complain
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ Dec. 25 2004,2:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Grim @ Dec. 25 2004,8:37)]"Britney Spears greatest Hits:My Prerogative"

It burns! * screams*

i like her music but her behaviour sux bad.
I like her behavior but her music sux bad.
smile_n_32.gif

(j/k about her music)

Oh... I got a giant pot I'm going to attempt a pond garden with. If that doesn't work, it becomes a bog.
smile.gif

Had to add this and brag a little... Ordered a Gibson Les Paul for Christmas/Birthday. Faded Cherry Red Les Paul Special.
blues.gif

No CP's....BUT I did get a rather nice check from Daddy-deep-pockets, which I will spend on some plant stuff.

Prince of Persia 2
Rise to Honor (that Jet Li game)
X-men: Evolution

DVD of Trans-Siberian Orchestra - awesome!

The latest Terry Brooks Shannara book (forget the title off hand)

Some clothes (boring, but nice)

chocolate flavored cigars (not chocolate, they're real cigars, just sweet and chocolaty) - VERY NICE.

BEST part was watching all the booty come in for Miranda...I won't have to buy her toys or clothes all year!

Aside from the usual clothes and gift cards / certificates, my fruit fly infested daughter go me a copy of Savage Garden. Wooo Hooo! In honor of my friend, Bugweed, I am going to read the book to my plants. I should supplement it with reading Barry Rice's FAQ! I also have a gift card from Borders that I will put toward ordering a copy of Carnivorous Plants Of The World. Next is Australian sundews and Taylor's book on Utrics.

Back