What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adopt a noob.

jimscott > I wasn't thinking about you when I said that.
smile.gif

You don't thread those topics like a chat while it's clearly a forum.

Anyhoo,
I'll adopt myself. That way I know exactly what information I need and just post a topic whenever I want answers. ^^

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Phyrex @ Dec. 25 2004,10:21)]jimscott > I wasn't thinking about you when I said that.
smile.gif

You don't thread those topics like a chat while it's clearly a forum.
No problem!
smile.gif

I was adoped early on in this discussion forum by a 15 year old boy from Florida, a 47 year old ("cleverly disguised as an adult"), and a California gal, who have taught me about, CP's, PC's, and digital cameras. Great friends, too!

I resent the suggestion that i am spamming links. I have no experience and everyone here know it. If... i enjoy talking with some people or just joking around, does that mean i am spamming to make ppl think i have more experience than i really have? I do participate in honest to goodness discussions but i have been frequening the forum games of late because there is nothing of value i beleive i can add to the topic discussions. I know much about micillaneous plants, but this board isnt about those plants. I have been learning, and i do visit most form discussions, but rarely post anywhere but here (should i say 'sorry i dont know whats wrong with your nep?')
confused.gif
smile_h_32.gif

I'd agree that post count is a poor indicator of skill, but at the same time, it does imply a bit of experience with the boards and the community. People with high counts are probably better prepared to tell you where to go for information, or who else on the boards can help you, so the whole adoption idea could be useful in that respect, at least. Maybe a more effective choice would be to add a directory of board users who are willing to field questions, indexed by their expertise, and a complementary directory of people and their interests.
~Joe
PS - As for 'spammers,' I think that's a bit of an unfair connotation. There's a general discussion area here for a reason, and it's not to talk plants (there's like a dozen other places for that.) If people want to post all the time to keep in touch, let them - you don't have to read it if you don't want to. The general topics are there to make this a more friendly, community-based forum, and if people are talking up a storm on them then I'd say they're doing the job they were intended to do. If anyone is justified in complaining about the abundance of general discussions, it should be the admins that have to screen them for inappropriate content.

Back