What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questioning the respectability?

• Thread starter shamus
  • Start date
Hi everyone,

I've read and joined in on a post at:

Article

Let me know what you think in regards to this article. I believe there is some gossip and spite occurring in some of the ranks? Is this to be expected? It seems very childish.

Shamus.

Unfortunately people will always take things personally not on a professional level.  And the internet is no different. You wanna see some real animosity check out some of the orchid forums aroudn the net (not the ones here)! Anyway, the way outta the things that's happening on that board (which I've never seen til now) is for whoever started it to announce they will inform people via PM or email who the misled seller is. Of course, best to contact teh seller as well and inform of their mistake, they may simply have made an honest mistake. It happens with plants like this (Neps) who are all almost identical until they get some decent size on them.

Anyway, N. ephippiata is not too rare in the US, I dunno the situation in AU.  It seems that not many grow it compared to N. lowii but the plants are avilable here. Mine grows very slowly and yep, no spur at the base of the lid. Here's an old turn around of one of my N. ephippiata pitchers.
ephippiata1.jpg

ephippiata2.jpg

ephippiata3.jpg

If you wanna talk Neps check out our Nep forum here, it usually way more civilized than many forums I've seen online.  
smile.gif

Swords,

When it comes to importing plants into Australia all business's go through the same channels as with most business's. It's petty to make an accusation by singling out one business for mislabelling and calling one more reliable than the other when it is most likely that all the business's have ordered plants in at the same time and have the same problem. Of course the source would have made an honest mistake, however the blame seems to be on the importers shoulders. The importer works for the benefit of the hobbyists. Without them we wouldn't be able to have the plants we want. Seems like there is alot of femaleiness and gossip going around. No-one really wants to read that rubbish and it may put people off from coming to these forums.
In the end, the more approachable business's are going to have their cake and eat it. And peoples personalities eventually surface. So you know who is who.

Shamus

Back