What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas snow

An unusual event in Britain this year, snow on Christmas Day!
Anybody else as lucky?

TWO1.jpg

TWO2.jpg

TWO3.jpg

TWO4.jpg

Nice,it hardly ever snows in south Georgia.

Jerry

It started snowing Wen. and by Thurs. morning we had 14 to 18 inches. If you want to call that lucky, go ahead. I'm almost done digging out the driveway.

it snowed nonstop from monday through wednesday, about 6" but it didn't snow on christmas, luckily though some of the snow stayed around

we had about an inch on the ground, and on xmas morning we had one of those lazy snows, where the flakes are huge and kind of slowly float to the ground. perhaps only another 1/2 inch.

OH my! That's beautiful Alexis! Lucky you!! I am jealous! A white Christmas. We haven't had one here in VA in...I can't remember when.
smile_h_32.gif

I have been out of town and I come back home to find out that the coastal area of VA was whacked yesterday with a FOOT of snow!! We got nothing...not so much as a flake! I am so mad! How can there be so much snow just about an hour or so away from here. A FOOT! *sigh*

Well your photos are lovely and I'm glad you got snow for Christmas. Hope you had a great holiday.
smile.gif

Nice photos!

We had snow....but 18 hours too late for a white christmas. Oh, well. At least it was only about 2", and very powdery....Just had to sweep out, no shovelling.

Yes, Galveston got 5" of snow Christmas eve. It's the first reacord of that ever happening. Not just on Crristmas, but ever !!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

It seldom snows in Arcata, California. The greatest depth of snow on the ground was 3.4 inches (8.6 cm) on January 13, 1907. I think the last time it snowed here was in Feb 1991.

cool!
we ALMOST had a white x-mas!
it snowed less than 12 hours after x-mas! so close!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Back