User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: About grow lists... about cp software...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use tripod to host my growlist. I keep track of it in microsoft word and update it weekly on my site [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you are looking for software to have on your own comp?

or software that will update a site for you?

for your comp is easy.. vb.net, a little programming and one can be made for you.

but for website.. you either have someone maintain it for you, you maintain it, or gain access to a host and just edit it when you can.

if you are looking for a simply page that lists your plants, i can host one for ya. but giving you access to the list is the issue, cause then you have access to my other folders [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

but that is basically how things go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come over to CPUK, register and then post a thread in the growlist section. There's no problem and it will only take you a tick.

Out of interest, are people wanting to have a dedicated section here at Terraforums for growlists?
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Several friends and relatives of mine in the UK found that site for me and they pointed out that there were grow lists posted there. I have thought about registering at this other site and I'm thinking I am comfortable here where I am and besides which... my grow list has less than 10 items on it. No need embarrassing myself in two places ;)

As far as the software, I would like it to be simple to use yet capable of warehousing whatever the school has going on. I will probably purchase software that I can share with the school. For me, I'd just like to keep track of what I get and where it comes from and where I plant it and if it lives or dies. Being able to note when I started germinating a particular seed would be very nice.

Hi Patch! You stated this-
    "for your comp is easy.. vb.net, a little programming and one can be made for you.

but for website.. you either have someone maintain it for you, you maintain it, or gain access to a host and just edit it when you can.

if you are looking for a simply page that lists your plants, i can host one for ya. but giving you access to the list is the issue, cause then you have access to my other folders"

Hmmm, vb.net and a little programming... oh help me here Patch as I'm about to drown in computer language. Please understand that not all that long ago "web sites" were something I found underneth my stairs down to the basement and a feather duster took care of those quite nicely. I appreciate your offer but I am in way over my head when it comes to computer anything other than software that I purchased and use every day which somebody had to hold my hand to teach me how to use. I do appreciate your offer but I don't want access to anyone's folders.

Let's see what my girlfriend's husband comes up with for me in the next week. He said he'd come up with something for me. Gosh Patch, thanks so much for the offer though. That was really sweet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my gosh, I missed what Alvin Meister asked. Yes, I would like a dedicated section here at Terraforums for growlists. I could edit that myself and I wouldn't need to bother my girlfriend's husband every time I bought a plant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to General Discussions as per posters request.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might consider combining the smallest of use from the Non-Carnivorous Plant categories as well as what Phil had suggested several months ago - combining the Fresh & Salt Water forums, to make a little room on the home page.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast