User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: About grow lists... about cp software...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laura, actually a file in word or similar program works quite weel for a notepad to keep track of the info you want. ive tried it and it works but im to lazy to do it so i write the plant name, date i recieved or sown seeds and who i got it from on MOST of my plant tags. i havent done it all on some but name and date is on all. this did lead to a bit of confusion last week as the name on the tag of a ping hybrid i have wasnt who i got the plant from because i put the originater of the cross down and not the person i recieved it from as that info was given to me with the plant. as to the growlist problem. just join the CPUK forums. very lil goes on over there that i keep track off but its an extra referance for Utrics as there are a few dedicated "lil pots of moss" growers over there that dont frequent here. i throw my 2 cents in once every week or two is all normally.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll bring up the issue of growlists here on TF.

There is probably a dedicated piece of software for general hortculture, with features like sowing dates. Looking on Google would probably bring something up. Something mundane like Excel or Word could also be used.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for moving this to General Discussions as I still need help with software selection. The results of my Yahoo/Google search are posted back a little bit. Slim pickings. I must be missing good software.

About a grow list for me...

Ta Da! http://www.geocities.com/dkurtz60084/laurab.html

I have the passwords and all but have no idea how to remove or add from the website that was created for me. I am somewhat dependent on my girlfriend's husband but he is such a good sport and doesn't mind at all. I think I would like to see a grow list forum here if at all possible.

Hi Rattler, several small flies in the ointment. I have no idea how to use Excel. I can use Word but that's about it. Next little issue... I used to use surveying flags in assorted colors to denote the locations of native plants. On the flags was written the binomial, date planted, source and other pertinent information. This system worked just fine for me UNTIL my youngest went and surprised me last May and gathered several hundred of my surveying flags to present to me as a "flag arrangement" as opposed to a "floral arrangement" for Mother's Day. I think I all but passed out as I was so overwhelmed with joy that I had to go inside to lay down. Little boys have their hearts in the right places but they certainly do think bizarre thoughts and they often put them into action. I had a spiral notebook but somehow it was taken to school and the pages I had used were ripped out and discarded. When I finally recovered my notebook, it had super hero drawings in it and other doodles. I had a file of over 500 photos of plants and where they were located on the property saved to a file on my desktop. That was until my 4th grader had a need to print out photos of trees to go along with leaves he had collected for a science project. He systematically deleted every photo that did not contain him, how vain. Wasn't that special? I had a box that had a big black skull and cross bones drawn on the cover that contained plant tags, receipts, and other notes from the past 5 years. My wonderful husband said he threw it out because it looked like garbage and had a layer of dust on it. The only thing in the garage that was mine and he tossed it. Imagine that! Another time I had to reserve comment in favor of going inside to lay down and that time I sure could have used a tranquilizer. I am thinking I have a need for "a dedicated piece of software for general hortculture with features like sowing dates" as suggested by Alvin Meister that I can install on this computer that is now pass word protected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the need for a footlocker anchored in concrete and locked securely with chains and padlocks.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, I think I could fit a few of the smaller boys in a decent sized footlocker quite nicely. It would be snug but I'm thinking it is doable. Two stragglers though. Our oldest is over 6' tall and then there would be the issue of what to do with my husband. Is this where the chains come into play? Do I handcuff those two together and chain them to the footlocker and toss the key to the padlock? The anchoring in concrete was a nice touch. I like that. At least I'd know where they were all the time.

By the way, what software do you use to keep track of all that you have?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good on paper.

Ya might want to try bungy cords in conjunction with duct tape and coat hangers.

Trouble is that Social Services tends to frown on such practices. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] Spoiled sports. What can I say!? They DO rather relish paperwork!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I done got me one of those fancy calendars for Christmas where each day had a new use for duct tape. I'll have to flip through my new calendar to see what they say about small children. Ya, know... I've tried to child proof this house BUT they still get in.

On a serious note, I am thinking of biting the bullet and hiring somebody to create a data base for me. I don't see any software out there that does all I want it to do. I put feelers out yesterday and let's see what I come up with. Here's hoping it will be affordable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL i know what your dealing with. im living with my fiance's two lil terrors from her first marrage. as unruly as they are i have managed to get through their heads that to touch a plant(inside atleast) or to open a critters cage is something they REALLY dont want to do and have yet to have anything bad happen, inside. no picked flowers, no uprooted or spilled pots, no chinchillas running full board through the kitchen. outside is a different matter and they seem to be attracted to my tiger lilys and poppys but the geese are about as bad as them so i cant get mad at them and not the geese. as to throwing stuff away when Darla cleans she insists that im right beside her and she questions anything that isnt hers before she throws it. good luck on the software, if yah find anything really interesting let me know [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast