User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 147 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O.K,
    Let me ask a question.
    If god is real and loves people so much, where was he when my country was getting destroyed by evil men? Where was he when those same evil men killed babies by putting them on a barbecue? If he loves people so much, why did he let us suffer so much?
    hundreds died in Bosnia during the war, and not once did God come to help us, he loves us so much he let us suffer and die.
    And what about all those poor people in Asia that died from a Tsunami?
    If god did it, I see he adores his people, he only triggered Tsunamis that killed over 20'000 people.
    I see he adores his people.
    And yet, the Bible always talks about how much god loves people and sacrificed his son to help us all.
    And yet, he never helped us when the war was raging in Bosnia, and he conjured up tsunamis that killed thousands.(at least a few of you say he did)

Its also been proven that polar bears were once Brown bears, but some brown bears went North tot he Arctic region where there is much more snow and became white: They evolved and adapted to suit their new conditions.

Dino
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]If they had evidence, they wouldn't give it such a (relatively) weak label as faith.
    ~Joe
    Creationist scientists use the very same data that evolutionists collect. They interperet differently, according to what a creationist believes. An evolutionist will interperet according to how the evolutionist believes.

Quote[/b] ]O.K,
    Let me ask a question.
    If god is real and loves people so much, where was he when my country was getting destroyed by evil men? Where was he when those same evil men killed babies by putting them on a barbecue? If he loves people so much, why did he let us suffer so much?
    hundreds died in Bosnia during the war, and not once did God come to help us, he loves us so much he let us suffer and die.
    If god did it, I see he adores his people, he only triggered Tsunamis that killed over 20'000 people.
    And yet, the Bible always talks about how much god loves people and sacrificed his son to help us all.
    And yet, he never helped us when the war was raging in Bosnia, and he conjured up tsunamis that killed thousands.(at least a few of you say he did)
    That is a very good question actually, and I doubt that you will like or accept my answer cause you are not a Christian so you have know reason to believe me unless the Holy Spirit opens your eyes(spiritually speaking of course) to see it that way.(yep, it's official.... I'm Jesus freak.... oooooh I think I like that term. LOL).
    Anyway, God does allow bad things to happen to us, but He doesn't make them happen. If the world we perfect, why would we need a God to save us? It states in the Bible(I'll have to look it up for you) that the world is Satan's and that God is allowing Satan to work in the world. God is PERFECT, He loves us unconditionally, but has allowed the enemy(Satan) to attack us. He didn't do all those things, Satan does them.(now I know you think I'm nuts) And actaully catstrophies like the tsunami are mentioned in the Bible, as warnings to the return to Him, and eventually as warnings as to the return of Jesus Christ( kinda random, but is Christ like His last name or sometin', just food for thought) I think I'm done. I know you'll have something to say about it to show me wrong, and I hope I can find it in scriptures to back me up. But heres the best part, Satan will eventually burn in hell for all eternity.

Later,
    ~Wes~
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Wesley @ Dec. 28 2004,10:05)]That is a very good question actually, and I doubt that you will like or accept my answer cause you are not a Christian so you have know reason to believe me unless the Holy Spirit opens your eyes(spiritually speaking of course) to see it that way.(yep, it's official.... I'm Jesus freak.... oooooh I think I like that term. LOL).
    Anyway, God does allow bad things to happen to us, but He doesn't make them happen. If the world we perfect, why would we need a God to save us? It states in the Bible(I'll have to look it up for you) that the world is Satan's and that God is allowing Satan to work in the world. God is PERFECT, He loves us unconditionally, but has allowed the enemy(Satan) to attack us. He didn't do all those things, Satan does them.(now I know you think I'm nuts) And actaully catstrophies like the tsunami are mentioned in the Bible, as warnings to the return to Him, and eventually as warnings as to the return of Jesus Christ( kinda random, but is Christ like His last name or sometin', just food for thought) I think I'm done. I know you'll have something to say about it to show me wrong, and I hope I can find it in scriptures to back me up. But heres the best part, Satan will eventually burn in hell for all eternity.

Later,
    ~Wes~
    If he was truly wonderful, Bosnia wouldnt be in the state its in today.
    You will understand if you visit Bosnia today and see for yourself what state its in.
    And you know what else?
    Nearly everyone there prays to god, because no one will help them. And god has NEVER helped me and and my country, but they persistantly pray, hoping one day he will help them.
    HOW SAD.
    And god still doesnt help them.

I dont mean to offend, but I dont need proof or backing up.
    God has failed me and my country, and Bosnia is in a bad state, possibly beyond repair. And still he doesnt help us.
    Thats why I dont believe in God and the entire business.

Evolution and Science, however, make much more sense.
    It has explained so many things to me, and there is proof behind every theory.

Dino
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Nearly everyone there prays to god, because no one will help them.
    Wouldn't that kinda be our fault? If they pray to God because no one else will help them, wouldn't that be the rest of the world's fault? I'm hurt, I pray to him every day, not cause no one else will help me though. Oh, He does help, you just don't see it. It's a spirtual help, not physical, though it does become physical. You'd have to the Book of Myters. To see what I mean. But I guess that would be a bad example, cause you'd just turn around and that He'll wait to help us physically until just before we are about to die for Him. But anyway, I gotta go, and I can't wait to see your answers.

Later,
    ~Wes~
    ~Wes~

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh by the way, there are millions of people that are praying for the people of Bosnia, and everywhere else that there are lost and injured people, especially during this time of crisis. We do care, it's just that so many of us have no way to be able to get over there and help. That's what the Salvation army, Samaritin's Purse(they're based here in Boone, cool huh?), etc are for. I'll be and have been praying for those countries, and you.
    ~Wes~

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]As for gentic mutations, first most of them are harmless, secondly only gentic mutations in the reproductive cells are passed on, so even if a creature suddenly has an advantageous mutation it is not going to pass on to the next generation unless it is in the reproductive cells.
    im my example i gave, i was not refering to the genetic code that was not vital (AKA junk DNA) in wich most mutations take place, and thus are harmless. in was talking about interruptions of vital strands of DNA that regulate everything from the way yor cells manufacture protein to your height.

But, my statement that mutations that offer a marked advantage are incorperated all the time was wong
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In response to Dino:

In the bible is says that God stopped giving miracles to humans. He only offers guidance and only to those who really deserve it.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Starman @ Dec. 28 2004,8:12)]O.K,
    Let me ask a question.

Its also been proven that polar bears were once Brown bears, but some brown bears went North tot he Arctic region where there is much more snow and became white: They evolved and adapted to suit their new conditions.

Dino
    Just my 0.0003

Where, then, does your sense of "evil" come from?

I agree with Wes on his paragraph. If there was no evil, mankind would have no need for God.

Edit: Another thing, you can't "prove" something happened-at least not to 100% certainty. Here's a little analogy to the way I look at it

Suppose you've got a barrel of apples. The person who gave them to you tell you they are all good apples. But how do you know? How can you find out?

Reach in and grab an apple...Sure enough...it is a nice looking apple...but you only pulled one apple.

Grab a few more-they are all good...but you still have only a few apples.

Suppose you pull 10 dozen good apples(and not one rotten apple)....which is a lot-but you can't be sure that they are all good. And you can't be sure that the next one you pull would be either good or rotten. The next one you pull could be a mango for all you know.

The only way to know would be to tip the barrel and remove all the apples

Now...in the real world(in this case science) is that possible?
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis