User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 100 of 147 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]are you speaking of the differnces between homo sapien and homo sapien sapien. and yes there are a few differences. This is a whole new can of worms and is being hotly debated in the field of anthropology as to wether they are truely differnt or if they just represent the wide range of variability that humans exibit.
    Yes. I am glad I am not the only one who read this. What is the other subspecies (Is that right?)? I had heard of homo sapien sapien but also homo sapien superba (Which cannot be right). What are the differences again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]however, at least one of you has outright said that he hasn't read the Bible. It is totally inappropriate to make fun of what you haven't read.
    I haven't read all of it but I was taught about it from 1st to 5th grade (and had to go to sunday school for communion) and I've talked to christians and read other stuff. That is enough because I know from what I've read that the bible doesn't make sense to me. For example if god is omnipotent and omniscient then how can we have free will? http://www.abarnett.demon.co.uk/atheism/freewill.html
    why did god punish adam and eve if they were ignorant and didn't know good from evil? Why if adam and eve were ashamed to be naked are many tribes in the world perfectly fine with the idea? noah's ark is impossible, etc...
    I don't believe all people are born sinners. That just seems wrong to me. A baby is not a sinner. I don't believe homosexuals are sinning. My philosophy on ethics and religion is that ethics make religion and not the other way around. I do NOT believe all people were created equal I do not think that any fair god would punish us for ETERNITY for not believing something like the bible that was written thousands of years ago and chosen by the church from many books I don't see how a nice, fair, omnipotent, perfect god could possibly do that. How could he ask for animal and human sacrifices? Why did he flood the whole entire earth and kill who knows how many people, animals, plants, etc.? he is omnipotent, he could just have slaughtered the bad people and not have poor noah and others go through the agony of doing what he wishes. If he can, then I know people nicer than him (why the heck is it a "him" anyway? why does he need an image? why did he create evil?, etc). I don't think all of the world was put here for us and us alone. I don't The main messages of the bible just don't make sense to me. It goes against everything I believe in (the specific examples I gave)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]This thread keeps getting off track because everyone wants to argue God vs. Evolution. Personally, I don't care about the issue, but try to stay on track to prevent locking of the topic. And no, I am still not convinced that evolution is a fact. Just because AE and Alpha are easily swayed by science, because it sounds good, some of us are more stubborn, and require much more than words.
    OOPPPSSS! i posted before I read that...
    ... you require much more than words? lol...
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More then words fine. Get multiple packets of seed form one species. Sow them in different mediums of different concentrations of pollutents and fetilizer. The ones that do not die, hybridize them and sow them in the same pollutant/ fertilizer. Continue for 10-20 years maybe longer. Congratulations you have made a new speices. Register with a international botanical society. I would recomend using landfill products so that your new species will at least be somewhat usefull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course in time with multiple different pollutants the species will no longer be compatable. Or if you have lots of money now go to Darwin's islands and study the finches. Stay for 20 years or so and you can observe them evolving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Therefore, if the Bible is not infallible because it was written by man, then the Evolution Theory has the same credibility problems
    not just because it was written by man... but because of what I've said before.
    now getting back on track.... You can see the evidence for evolution. There's no "faith" you have to have (let's not start the whole "you have to have faith for everything" argument). You can go out and see for yourself and make your own conclusions.
    Quote[/b] ]Why have all the more "primitive" forms been dying out?
    they haven't. Look at bacteria, sharks, jellyfish, sponges, lancets, sea squirts, conifers, ferns, bryophytes, etc.
    Quote[/b] ]If there were, only n. hamata, which can keep more insects in the pitcher because of the fangs, and is therefore farther along in evolution, would survive. And n. glabrata would die out. Since hamata and glabrata coexist with plenty of room and food to spare, why aren't we seeing primitive nepenthes as well?
    IF N. glabrata can survive along with hamata, it's not going to die. If it can't, it will not survive. Some mutations make populations superior to the previous population and therefore the more "primitive" form dies, and other mutations make the populations fit another niche so the "primitive" form survives.
    Quote[/b] ] Do any of these species have evolutionary branches coming off of them? I don't have time to research all of them right now, but I'm willing to bet I'd find some (someone else want to lift the burden off me a bit here?).
    protists evolved from bacteria, fungi , plants(first algae, then plants first single cells like diatoms, then chained/colonial like some other diatoms, then things like kelp and also liverworts, mosses, then ferns and conifers, etc.. ) and animals evolved from protists (first came colonial ones kind of like sponges- that will come back together if they are strained into little pieces, then worms, then arthropods and chordates like lancets, then fish> amphibians> reptiles> birds and mammals> etc)
    Quote[/b] ]You make the lego people so that they chose to do whatever they want, but you tell them your rules. They promtly break all the rules, and act as if you never existed.
    check this article out- http://www.abarnett.demon.co.uk/atheism/freewill.html
    and PM me with what you think :P
    Quote[/b] ]only 2% separates us from apes
    we ARE apes! NOTHING separates us from apes.
    Quote[/b] ]They aren't being selectively ignored here, are they?
    we don't have many intermediate species of plants because they are just VERY hard to fossilize. Asking for intermediate plants is a bad argument against evolution.
    Quote[/b] ]It's creepy how often God sounds like an abusive parent. I know of some even mediocre parents more compassionate and loving than that.
    exactly.
    Quote[/b] ]Humans into two subspecies or varities based on characteristics even though both are compatible (able to reproduce with each other)
    even though? if you're the same subspecies you will always be able to succesfully reproduce.
    Quote[/b] ]Get multiple packets of seed form one species. Sow them in different mediums of different concentrations of pollutents and fetilizer.
    this doesn't really have anything to do with what you were saying but it reminded me of it...
    If organisms didn't come from common ancestors, how come so many are so similar? You have to actually test DNA to tell some species appart! (you have to test DNA in order to tell male from female fischer's lovebird but that's another story... lol)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]even though? if you're the same subspecies you will always be able to succesfully reproduce
    oops, my mistake. Sorry about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ooppss! my mistake. If you're the same species but DIFFERENT subspecies you will always be able to succesfully reproduce.