User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 101 of 147 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ Jan. 14 2005,12:30)]
    Quote[/b] ]are you speaking of the differnces between homo sapien and homo sapien sapien. and yes there are a few differences. This is a whole new can of worms and is being hotly debated in the field of anthropology as to wether they are truely differnt or if they just represent the wide range of variability that humans exibit.
    Yes. I am glad I am not the only one who read this. What is the other subspecies (Is that right?)? I had heard of homo sapien sapien but also homo sapien superba (Which cannot be right). What are the differences again?
    I have never heard of homo sapien superba, so i have no idea what that is. i believe the two subspieces you are talking about are homo sapiens and homo sapien sapiens. The differences are minor and most are contained in the skull, like a sligtly more sloping forhead slightly more projected face. If you want a good example of homo sapien then look at the Australian Aborigenees and compare their facial fetures to other groups of homo sapien sapien like Europeans, Native Americans, Asians, or Africans.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I thought it might be fake. Thanks for the info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]we don't have many intermediate species of plants because they are just VERY hard to fossilize. Asking for intermediate plants is a bad argument against evolution.
    but if u want one, fine. Seed Ferns (extinct) spawend gymnosperms
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well since we are on the cp forum. Heliamphora are basic where as Sarracenia is more advanced. One could make the argument that Sarracenia evolved from Heliamphora like plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, good old politics and religion. Such fun arguments. At this point all I can do is sit back and watch. This topic is spinning like a top, passing the same point over and over and over. You all have heard the saying "you'll find no atheists in a fox hole". A good percentage of you, who have such a hard time with those things you can't feel or touch or quantify, will come to a point in your life that will require blind faith. Good luck to you.
    Steve L
    "I'm Lucky enough to get paid to do this!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if that time comes, it'll come. How the heck will we know which religion to choose? I have no clue, but right now nothing has happened to make me believe (and many things have happened to make me disbelieve...)
    what point of your life has required "blind faith"?
    according to some people if I were to die right now I would go roast in hell for all ETERNITY.
    I guess I'll just see you FROM hell [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_s_32.gif[/img]
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've asked the creationists quite a few pretty important questions in here and so far most of them haven't been touched. If they were maybe there'd be a little less spinning going on. Is this a discussion or what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    let's face it... creationists have no argument against evolution or for creationism besides the bible.
    andl... dozens of pages later, I STILL don't know what "facts" we are "ignoring"...
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything