User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 105 of 147 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]... then creationism simply cannot be treated as scientific in any sense of the word. ...
    THEN STOP TRYING TO ARGUE AGAINST IT SCIENTIFICALLY. PLEASE! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Intelligent Design is the most recent form of creationism to develop, but its roots go back much further. Fundamentally speaking, Intelligent Design is based upon the idea that the existence of God could be deduced from the existence of intricate design in the universe, a view popularized by William Paley's famous Watchmaker Analogy in his 1802 book Natural Theology.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Est @ Jan. 15 2005,2:29)]
    Quote[/b] ]... then creationism simply cannot be treated as scientific in any sense of the word. ...
    THEN STOP TRYING TO ARGUE AGAINST IT SCIENTIFICALLY. PLEASE! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]
    Why'd you ignore the rest? Never did it say that it's not scientific or that it can't be argued with science. Creationism was just being analyzed.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Is creationism progressive?
    This is somewhat open to interpretation. In a sense it could be considered progressive since you can now say "God did it" to explain all previous data as well as any previously unexplainable data. However, this renders the idea of progressive growth of scientific ideas meaningless (another good reason for science being naturalistic). In any practical sense of the concept, creationism is not progressive: it does not explain or expand upon what went before it and is not consistent with established ancillary theories.
    Quote[/b] ]
    Quote[/b] ]Intelligent Design is the most recent form of creationism to develop, but its roots go back much further. Fundamentally speaking, Intelligent Design is based upon the idea that the existence of God could be deduced from the existence of intricate design in the universe, a view popularized by William Paley's famous Watchmaker Analogy in his 1802 book Natural Theology.
    Umm, arf?? Contradiction? Make up your mind- is it not progressive or is Intelligent design not more recent than original views??
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Why'd you ignore the rest? Never did it say that it's not scientific or that it can't be argued with science. Creationism was just being analyzed.
    Oh sorry, I just tend to find "... then creationism simply cannot be treated as scientific in any sense of the word. ..." to be a fairly absolute statement. Furthermore, am I missing something or does it not STATE that creationism is not scientific in any sense of the word?
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Est @ Jan. 15 2005,2:40)]
    Quote[/b] ]Why'd you ignore the rest? Never did it say that it's not scientific or that it can't be argued with science. Creationism was just being analyzed.
    Oh sorry, I just tend to find "... then creationism simply cannot be treated as scientific in any sense of the word. ..." to be a fairly absolute statement. Furthermore, am I missing something or does it not STATE that creationism is not scientific in any sense of the word?
    Read it carefully. Is the answer to every question a "no"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Est @ Jan. 15 2005,2:37)]
    Quote[/b] ]Is creationism progressive?
    This is somewhat open to interpretation. In a sense it could be considered progressive since you can now say "God did it" to explain all previous data as well as any previously unexplainable data. However, this renders the idea of progressive growth of scientific ideas meaningless (another good reason for science being naturalistic). In any practical sense of the concept, creationism is not progressive: it does not explain or expand upon what went before it and is not consistent with established ancillary theories.
    Quote[/b] ]
    Umm, arf?? Contradiction? Make up your mind- is it not progressive or is Intelligent design not more recent than original views??
    Intelligent Design is a different kind of creationism, don't compare the two.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Intelligent Design is a different kind of creationism, don't compare the two.
    Aye but we can in the sense that we can say that Creationism is developmental. I'm not comparing the two in any other sense. You're telling me Intelligent Design is a newer form or Creationism, thus meaning that Creationism is dynamic while telling me that it's static. I'm not comparing them as beliefs or anything else.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist