User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 105 of 147 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 833 to 840 of 1176

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

  1. #833
    War. War never changes. Est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]... then creationism simply cannot be treated as scientific in any sense of the word. ...
    THEN STOP TRYING TO ARGUE AGAINST IT SCIENTIFICALLY. PLEASE! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

  2. #834

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Intelligent Design is the most recent form of creationism to develop, but its roots go back much further. Fundamentally speaking, Intelligent Design is based upon the idea that the existence of God could be deduced from the existence of intricate design in the universe, a view popularized by William Paley's famous Watchmaker Analogy in his 1802 book Natural Theology.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

  3. #835

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Est @ Jan. 15 2005,2:29)]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]... then creationism simply cannot be treated as scientific in any sense of the word. ...
    THEN STOP TRYING TO ARGUE AGAINST IT SCIENTIFICALLY. PLEASE! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]
    Why'd you ignore the rest? Never did it say that it's not scientific or that it can't be argued with science. Creationism was just being analyzed.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

  4. #836
    War. War never changes. Est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Is creationism progressive?
    This is somewhat open to interpretation. In a sense it could be considered progressive since you can now say "God did it" to explain all previous data as well as any previously unexplainable data. However, this renders the idea of progressive growth of scientific ideas meaningless (another good reason for science being naturalistic). In any practical sense of the concept, creationism is not progressive: it does not explain or expand upon what went before it and is not consistent with established ancillary theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Intelligent Design is the most recent form of creationism to develop, but its roots go back much further. Fundamentally speaking, Intelligent Design is based upon the idea that the existence of God could be deduced from the existence of intricate design in the universe, a view popularized by William Paley's famous Watchmaker Analogy in his 1802 book Natural Theology.
    Umm, arf?? Contradiction? Make up your mind- is it not progressive or is Intelligent design not more recent than original views??
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

  5. #837
    War. War never changes. Est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Why'd you ignore the rest? Never did it say that it's not scientific or that it can't be argued with science. Creationism was just being analyzed.
    Oh sorry, I just tend to find "... then creationism simply cannot be treated as scientific in any sense of the word. ..." to be a fairly absolute statement. Furthermore, am I missing something or does it not STATE that creationism is not scientific in any sense of the word?
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

  6. #838

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Est @ Jan. 15 2005,2:40)]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Why'd you ignore the rest? Never did it say that it's not scientific or that it can't be argued with science. Creationism was just being analyzed.
    Oh sorry, I just tend to find "... then creationism simply cannot be treated as scientific in any sense of the word. ..." to be a fairly absolute statement. Furthermore, am I missing something or does it not STATE that creationism is not scientific in any sense of the word?
    Read it carefully. Is the answer to every question a "no"?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

  7. #839

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Est @ Jan. 15 2005,2:37)]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Is creationism progressive?
    This is somewhat open to interpretation. In a sense it could be considered progressive since you can now say "God did it" to explain all previous data as well as any previously unexplainable data. However, this renders the idea of progressive growth of scientific ideas meaningless (another good reason for science being naturalistic). In any practical sense of the concept, creationism is not progressive: it does not explain or expand upon what went before it and is not consistent with established ancillary theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Intelligent Design is the most recent form of creationism to develop, but its roots go back much further. Fundamentally speaking, Intelligent Design is based upon the idea that the existence of God could be deduced from the existence of intricate design in the universe, a view popularized by William Paley's famous Watchmaker Analogy in his 1802 book Natural Theology.
    Umm, arf?? Contradiction? Make up your mind- is it not progressive or is Intelligent design not more recent than original views??
    Intelligent Design is a different kind of creationism, don't compare the two.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

  8. #840
    War. War never changes. Est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Intelligent Design is a different kind of creationism, don't compare the two.
    Aye but we can in the sense that we can say that Creationism is developmental. I'm not comparing the two in any other sense. You're telling me Intelligent Design is a newer form or Creationism, thus meaning that Creationism is dynamic while telling me that it's static. I'm not comparing them as beliefs or anything else.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •