User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 107 of 147 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I'd feel like more of a traitor if I let what I think to be invalid arguements go unpointed out. This is a more extreme example, but if I said I was an "Evolutionist" and I said something completely wrong, wouldn't you feel entitled to correct me?? And no, I'm not trying to imply that you're completely wrong, just wanna get some things cleared up.
    ok, that's fine with me... are there any more things that need to be cleared up?
    Quote[/b] ] Sooo.. If I found evidence that supported Creationism that wasn't in the bible, that'd invalidate it?? That's all I'm saying...
    if something, ANYTHIGN supported creationism besides religion, I'd consider it. So far nothing has, so I don't consider it. (you mean validate it?)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that intelligent design is very closely related to religion and is basically a form of masking creationism as coming from any one religion. It's definately not scientific... not really anyway.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ](you mean validate it?)
    Oh, I was reffering to the evidence being invalidated, sorry, I realize I made that a little confusing. As for the clarification of things, I clarify/question as things come... And they just keep on comin' [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Intelligent Design is scientific, conceptually... it's just been latched onto by so many top-down thinkers who see it as validation of their beliefs that they've corrupted it and destroyed any chance of it being taken seriously. A true Intelligent Design proponent would be someone who feels they've stumbled upon solid evidence against life's complexity emerging unaided by intelligence that can't be ignored... without (this is crucial) having been desperate to find such evidence beforehand in order to keep their beliefs safe. Valid theories are borne from evidence, not from people's desires.

I know I've read of ID people who fit this description, and many of them don't even seem particularly religious, but they're very few and far between. Typically their theories haven't held up anyway. But that's how science goes... failed theories are part of the process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After it gets locked, we can continue the discussion here:
    http://www.galacforums.com/AEforum/v...ic.php?p=36#36
    Anyone that just began looking through can go there for a fresh new topic.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The origins of life, the universe, and everything have proceeded according to the laws of physics, with plenty of random chance. We don't know or understand all of it. If you like to refer to "the laws of physics, with plenty of random chance" as Intelligent Design or even God, that's fine with me. It'll save you a lot of syllables too.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Jan. 15 2005,3:07)]
    Quote[/b] (Est @ Jan. 15 2005,3:05)]
    Quote[/b] ]... and there can never be any new information unless a new bible is "sent from above".
    Why not? I don't care where I get evidence from so long as it's evidence, sent from above, below, or if it's been under my nose the whole time. Though it has a religious basis, doesn't mean that findings can't be used in support of it. Now, why don't we let the other nice people on this forum take a gander at things before we go on too much more or Starman might get upset at us again [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] Oh, and as a final note for this post, I believe firmly in Evolution, so you know something's up that I'd bother to "argue" with someone who's on my "side". Oh well, 'till later.
    The problem is that Creationism is centered around the bible. There is no other source of information.

Could the evolutionists PLEASE stop arguing against fellow evolutionists. It does bring up good points but i'd rather a creationist attack me. You pack of traitors [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    John, what was the purpose of the Mary Magdalen thing?

I'm a Christian and I cannot be pigeon-holed as a creationist. I do not subscribe to 7 consecutive 24 hour periods and 6-8,000 years of existence. But id He wanted to do things that way, who are we to say that He couldn't. All I say is that God did this creating thing and I don't know or care how HE did it. All the Bible was trying to portray is that God is the creator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey can i clear something up here, i dont know if this has been addressed yet, but i would like to clear up the statement of evolution being a fact. This is what my anthro professor( who has a ph.d in bioanthropology and specalizes in human evoultion) told me about the debate over the evolution being a "fact"

the only part of evolution that is accepted as a fact is microevolution which is the change in the frequency of allels between one generation to the next.

macroevolution is not accepted as fact by many in the scientific community since the time scale it would require to prove is so massive that people have not truely observed it taking place. I know one of you will scream about observing speication(sp? i cant spell at night) but i would be interested to check that out because i believe there must be some holes in that or else evolution would be accepted as a fact.

now i know alot of you die hard evolutionists are probably going to freak out when you read this and say that i am ignoring alot of stuff but i still have seen no proff of macroevolution, however microevolution is something that is very real.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut