User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 108 of 147 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, micro-evolution is an easy one to prove. The example of the white-colored moths becoming gray over the years, due to the pollution produced during the industrial revolution is a no-brainer. Ironically, macro-evolution has to be accepted on faith. Archaelogy doesn't prove the existence of God or creationism, but it goes a long way in verifying battles, civiliztions, and a loy of predictive prophecy. Check out Josh McDowell's book, entitles "Evidence That Demands A Verdict", where the guy read the Bible in order to disprove it, only to become a Christian because of the overwhelming evidence staring him in the face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why isnt the entire fossil record of the planet aquate proof for macroevolution?
    We have fossils showing the modern horse evolving in stages through about a dozen intermediate forms..
    we have fossils showing birds evolving from dinosaurs..
    thats not good enough proof?
    it is for me..
    why do we have to "observe" it in person in order to prove it?
    no one observed the earth being created, but we dont doubt that it was..
    to me, the proof is clear.
    its all right there, plain as day.
    Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scientificlly that is not proof though, you might be able to form a good idea of what happened, but that is not proof, atleast to the scientific world that is.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Ironically, macro-evolution has to be accepted on faith. Archaelogy doesn't prove the existence of God or creationism
    not the least bit like real faith.

Quote[/b] ]Check out Josh McDowell's book, entitles "Evidence That Demands A Verdict", where the guy read the Bible in order to disprove it, only to become a Christian because of the overwhelming evidence staring him in the face.
    you check these out- http://www.ffrf.org/
    Dan Barker - Losing Faith In Faith (Dan Barker used to be an evangelical preacher, and is now an activist for The Freedom From Religion Foundation)
    http://www.infidels.org/library....ry.html Why I Left The Ministry And Became An Atheist
    I bet that guy you're talking about only looked at archeological evidence. Well, at least I would HOPE that that was right since the books the bible came from were written in that time! it would be kind of pointless to try to start a religion today and write about the "cuindy culture"
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]why isnt the entire fossil record of the planet aquate proof for macroevolution?
    We have fossils showing the modern horse evolving in stages through about a dozen intermediate forms..
    we have fossils showing birds evolving from dinosaurs..
    thats not good enough proof?
    exactly. not to mention observed speciation events.
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alpha, Is it because you are convinced it's true that it is a fact? I find division even among evolutionists. Some still say theory, then the ones who claim it is a fact. Seems even among the "brains" that push this stuff, they cannot agree. And it continues to go in circles.....................
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is both. Gravity is both a theory and a fact. The FACT that the sun is the center of the solar system and that we revolve around it is a theory. Atoms? Theory. Electricity? theory.
    evolution is both a theory AND a fact.

and yes, I am convinced it is true and it is a fact, but I became convinced because of evidence FOR it, and NO evidence AGAINST it, and NO evidence for ANYTHING else. If there is, no one I've talked to and TRIED to get arguments from has given me any.

and yes, we ARE going in circles because your question has been adressed many times before! (mainly by me and my national geographic thing)
    so are we not just ignoring facts now but whole posts? oh great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Seems even among the "brains" that push this stuff, they cannot agree.
    ok fine, I'll post the thing yet again... for like the 20th time.
    Quote[/b] ]If you are skeptical by nature, unfamiliar with the terminology of science, and unaware of the overwhelming evidence, you might even be tempted to say that it's "just" a theory. In the same sense, relativity as described by Albert Einstein is "just" a theory. The notion that Earth orbits around the sun rather than vice versa, offered by Copernicus in 1543, is a theory. Continental drift is a theory. The existence, structure, and dynamics of atoms? Atomic theory. Even electricity is a theoretical construct, involving electrons, which are tiny units of charged mass that no one has ever seen. Each of these theories is an explanation that has been confirmed to such a degree, by observation and experiment, that knowledgeable expertsaccept it as fact. That's what scientists mean when they talk about a theory: not a dreamy and unreliable speculation, but an explanatory statement that fits the evidence.
    and you know what the worst thing is? You said you had read all the posts in this thread (and you said it after i had posted this about 10 times already :P)

can you say "selective reading"?