User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 109 of 147 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK. Thanks for answering. I shall go back to vestigal deafness now. Oh, post something else I can ignore. Perhaps I will evolve blindness so that I can't see it. LOL.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    now... if you (anyone) think we've been ignoring anything or have more arguments, PLEASE tell us. (haven't I asked enough times?)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang it, I can still see. Maybe I will ask the same question a few dozen times to see if anyone notices.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Jan. 16 2005,12:42)]Alpha, Is it because you are convinced it's true that it is a fact? I find division even among evolutionists. Some still say theory, then the ones who claim it is a fact. Seems even among the "brains" that push this stuff, they cannot agree. And it continues to go in circles.....................
    Science in general has accepted evolution as a fact. Scientists only consider it a theory on account of the people that DON'T belive it (religions, etc) so its a little easier for people to swallow (my opinion). Something can be a theory and a fact at the same time also.

Note: Luis (TheAlphaWolf) thinks its incredibly important to note that a theory can be a fact at the same time. So strongly he feels about this, that he is harrasing me on aim to edit it. There. Happy?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Jan. 16 2005,1:29)]now... if you (anyone) think we've been ignoring anything or have more arguments, PLEASE tell us. (haven't I asked enough times?)
    I second that. ANYONE who has a question that hasn't been asked of that you haven't seen asked, post it. It won't be ignored.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Jan. 15 2005,8:08)]John, what was the purpose of the Mary Magdalen thing?
    I'm going to lay off Mary Magdalene since she's very controversial. I'll stay away from that route. All i'll say is that she wrote a gospel that was never included in the bible that implies her and jesus where married. Other gospels not pubilshed in the bible also imply that they where married. (I remember reading that her and Jesus would kiss sometimes, and other disciples where jelous). Actually about 80 gospels where written but not all where published.

There is alot of other things, but i'll stop there.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read all that. According to the folks that study the apochrypal books, this one was dated in the 4th century AD, a little late for her to write anything. Also, it it has been surmised that there were lots of extra-Biblical books written with the names of famous Biblical characters as Gospel of... It was designed to lend credibility to them, not that the person actually wrote them. Now you'll say that this is circular reasoning, but these books had material that was contradictory to the 66 books of the accepted canon and were thus rejected. Also, they were deemed to lack the authority as well as contained errors. Basically, they were saying that they were poorly written and lacking in divine inspiration. Can all this be proved? No. But this is what was decided by the Rabbis at the Council of Jammnia, for the Old Testament and the Christians for the New Testament.

I have read some of the apochryphal books on my own to see what they were all about. My own perception was that some of them seemed to fill in or explain what was in the canonical books. For instance, the Book of Esther NEVER mentions God, though it was implied throughout. Well, there was a book attributed to Mordechai, her Uncle, that is replete with God this and God that. Some of these books relate nice stories, like Bel and the dragon or Susanna - but the Jewish rabbis said they were lacking in divine inspiration or had errant theology.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Jan. 16 2005,12:13)]
    Quote[/b] ]Ironically, macro-evolution has to be accepted on faith. Archaelogy doesn't prove the existence of God or creationism
    not the least bit like real faith.

Quote[/b] ]Check out Josh McDowell's book, entitles "Evidence That Demands A Verdict", where the guy read the Bible in order to disprove it, only to become a Christian because of the overwhelming evidence staring him in the face.
    you check these out- http://www.ffrf.org/
    Dan Barker - Losing Faith In Faith (Dan Barker used to be an evangelical preacher, and is now an activist for The Freedom From Religion Foundation)
    http://www.infidels.org/library....ry.html Why I Left The Ministry And Became An Atheist
    I bet that guy you're talking about only looked at archeological evidence. Well, at least I would HOPE that that was right since the books the bible came from were written in that time! it would be kind of pointless to try to start a religion today and write about the "cuindy culture"
    I quite disagree! If evolution isn't proven, then it absolutely has to have some elements of faith to accept it.

So you found a couple of famous people who gave up on their faith. Their loss. It appears that you have your mind made up. Nothing will convince you. Sad.

He also wrote the book called, "More evidence..." where he studied literary criticism (form, historical. radical, etc...).