User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 110 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference between the bible and science is that if something contradicted the bible, it was discarded. That's what the pharmaceutical industry does with clinical trials when the results go the wrong way. It isn't science when those companies doo it either.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I'd feel like more of a traitor if I let what I think to be invalid arguements go unpointed out.
    agreed, but youv done a pretty good job.

Quote[/b] ]it's just been latched onto by so many top-down thinkers who see it as validation of their beliefs that they've corrupted it and destroyed any chance of it being taken seriously.
    top- down thinking, in a zology and biology atleast, is far better than the bottom- up thinking prevailemt in earlier years.

About evolution, i have seen it for myself, with my own eyes.

The house sparrow, almost all of us see on every day, hopping under cars, stealing our dropped pizza crust, steaing my birdseed ()

The local state college has a collection of house sparrows from around the country for its evolution class.

Housparrows are introduced from europe, awhile ago, and have since spread from newyork across the continent from a very small base stock.

Already distinct subpolulations are beginning to appeir. In the american southwest deserts, the housesparrows are paler than the norm (dark bodies absorb heat, so its to keep cool) In the Midwest, housesparrows are bigger than the norm (to conserve heat in the windy winter ??) and the northernmost house sparrow are better insulated than the norm because they have more fethers to keep them warm. All have originated from the same homozygous stock of 100 birds, and yet some populations have adaptions that would help them survive their extreme enviorments. The dead bird stock at the college is usefull for comparison. All are obviously the same species, but these changes wernt in the original colonizing stock. So that means they hey have adapted to their enviorment. The housesparrows in my backyard have trouble squezing into nest holes that their counterparts eldewhere would slip trough with reletive ease. (the hole in question was already about the limit of what houesparrows could squeze trough, so tecnecly they have MORE diffuculty than their counterpatts, but the size difference between the two isnt signifigent at all, its just that thereas a size difference at all)
    that makes no logic

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Jan. 16 2005,7:23)]The difference between the bible and science is that if something contradicted the bible, it was discarded. That's what the pharmaceutical industry does with clinical trials when the results go the wrong way. It isn't science when those companies doo it either.
    That's an oversimplification of the process and misleading, as if they were being close-minded yes-men! Those people prayed and argued and prayed and argued some more and...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN I JUST FOUND OUT I LEFT THE STEEL WOOL I WAS USING TO CEAN THE BIRDCAGE IN THERE

those birds were shure to have eaten it!!!!!!!!!!!! o !@#$E !@#$
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]So you found a couple of famous people who gave up on their faith. Their loss. It appears that you have your mind made up. Nothing will convince you. Sad.
    So you find *one* person who gained their faith. His loss. It appears that you have your mind made up. Nothing will convince you. Sad.
    Quote[/b] ]The difference between the bible and science is that if something contradicted the bible, it was discarded
    nah... they're just metaphors.
    Quote[/b] ]I quite disagree! If evolution isn't proven, then it absolutely has to have some elements of faith to accept it.
    It is proven. That's why it's a fact, just like gravity, the sun being in the center of the solar system, electricity, atoms, etc.
    Speciation has been observed, so evolution has been proven.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]those birds were shure to have eaten it!!!!!!!!!!!! o !@#$E !@#$
    whoa! they eat steel wool? holy ---- [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    now iv lost my avitar [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finch, i believe you are misusing the word evolution, the sparrows you mentioned are merely adapting to their enviroment, not evolving. They are all still house sparrows right? and if ones from the southwest and ones from the northern areas were together they would interbreed, meaning that they are just show the variability in the speices. Im not saying that they will not evolve into new speices but right now they have just adapted and also the differences could be due to founders effect with the orginal stock that moved into the differnt areas.

alphawolf, where is this proof of speciation? i would like to see the evidence for it, because personally i have a feeling there is something missing in it
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut