User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 111 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 888 of 1176

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

  1. #881
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    evolution is change in a species over time... obviously there not a new species. its not even a variety. its just a change as a result of adaptions to a enviorment. BUT some of the mecenisms of evolution are proved in this example. Isolate one of them and over time... who knows where adaptions will take them. A new species. Speciation, evolution is a organism adapting to their enviroment

    But this couldnt happen at all without theaccording to some diehard creationists
    that makes no logic

  2. #882
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That, weather or not it will lead to a new species, is the first step of speciation. Thats my proof
    that makes no logic

  3. #883

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    747
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    finch i was just pointing out that you were misusing the word evolution. but you cant truely say that they will evolve either they may just remain with the small differences that they have and still remain one species.

    also part does not prove the whole, if you know what im saying, just because there are the mechinisms that evolutionists use to back up their theory does not prove the theory. The mechinism, which are independent of evolution could never result in a new speices, they could just keep changing the allel frequencies(micro-evolution) with in the natural variability of the species.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

  4. #884
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]finch i was just pointing out that you were misusing the word evolution. but you cant truely say that they will evolve either they may just remain with the small differences that they have and still remain one species.
    exactly, i never said they were gonna be a new species! probably not!

    BUT
    But that one procecss if carried out in isolation, the process of adaption ,might result in a type that is too different to breed sucessfully with its parents. that would be a new species

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]The mechinism, which are independent of evolution could never result in a new speices, they could just keep changing the allel frequencies(micro-evolution) with in the natural variability of the species.
    Yes, it can, and it is not independant of evolution (MICRO-EVOLUTION, u said it urself). A whole species can change if one variable is more sucessfull than the others and in a extreme drought or something the less sucessful ones died out (see evolution theory)
    that makes no logic

  5. #885
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But also, what you say here can and does happen aswell
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]they could just keep changing the allel frequencies(micro-evolution) with in the natural variability of the species.
    See Yew tree species, tough manyspecies are widely seperated, they are so similar that some consider them all one superspecies. but they have been isolated for many tousands of years so the alleal frequencies are all quite different
    that makes no logic

  6. #886

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    747
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but if they dont become a new species you ahve not observed evolution only adapation, which is independent of evolution.

    Micro-evolution, as i stated before does not result in speciation, only the change in the allel frequency between generations, which does not necessarily result in new species.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

  7. #887
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]but if they dont become a new species you ahve not observed evolution only adapation, which is independent of evolution.
    no, its not independant, not at all. to adapt, one must evolve,. that doesnt mean it will lead to a new species.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Micro-evolution, as i stated before does not result in speciation, only the change in the allel frequency between generations, which does not necessarily result in new species.

    but it can. the yew are different enoufg that most botonists recognize them as spereate species

    kultu, what do you know about macro- evolution? its not a condesending question, just a question
    that makes no logic

  8. #888

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    747
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Finch @ Jan. 17 2005,5:50)]no, its not independant, not at all. to adapt, one must evolve,. that doesnt mean it will lead to a new species.
    yes it is independent, adapting uses teh genetic variation that is present in the population, it does not require new gentic variations, as does evolution.

    and yes i do understand macro-evolution. its the belief that genetic variations that are successful will continue to compile until the orginal species is significantly differnt than the species with the genetic variations.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •