User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forward Evolution?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alpha, when the hell did I say He didn't create Adam and Eve in His image? I didn't discount that. But that still doesn't disprove that He didn't also make evolution occur.

AE, what I meant by "Well, I didn't say FORWARD evolution, now did I?" was that I never said we were evolving in a GOOD way. Just evolving. Smaller mouths and jaws only makes us more incapable of munching buffalo wings during the Super Bowl and getting taller only makes lightning hit us more.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well... if you believe in evolution then how can you believe adam and eve existed? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You misunderstood, regardless if you said it was "forward" evolution or not, when i said we have stopped, or slowed down evolutionary wise, i mean it in general.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Dec. 28 2004,9:08)]Alpha, when the hell did I say He didn't create Adam and Eve in His image? I didn't discount that. But that still doesn't disprove that He didn't also make evolution occur.
    So god made evolution occur? Then why did he write this book called the bible that totally contradicts it?

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give me a direct quote from the Bible that directly says that evolution did not occur. Right here. Right now.

Alpha, what did I just say? I said there ARE metaphors in the Bible. I'm not saying there's a lie anywhere in the Bible, I'm saying that God intentionally put metaphors in there to haze over things about the creation of the universe that we aren't meant to understand. Adam and Eve represent the first of our human kind. The first sin represents our sinful nature. The Creation-in-7-days is a bit vague on my part, but I believe it's a watered-down metaphor for how the Creation occurred. Adam's naming of the species represents humans' curiosity and studying of the world around him. You seeing a pattern here?
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Give me a direct quote from the Bible that directly says that evolution did not occur. Right here. Right now.
    Isn't the bible about interpreting? We are human beings, not dogs, we don't need direct comands or statements. One example from the bible that contradicts evolution is the fact that it states in genesis 1:24-25 that domestic animals were created... just the fact that domestic animals where "created" goes against evolution. Also the fact that be bible says god created man, it doesn't say he created an ape that later turned into one. Also.. quit being so defensive.. we don't want the thread locked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there's no direct quote because people back then hadn't thought up evolution. (maybe if there WAS a direct quote about anything.. NOT being a metaphor... that would happen after the bible was created I'd begin to believe the bible)
    I'm sure you'll understand how I think that if anything contradicts the bible it suddenly becomes a metaphor right? (no offense or anything...)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything