User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 147 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean... you can find "metaphors" everywhere if you're looking for them.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AE, I'm not being defensive. This is just me.

And evolution doesn't count as creation? Wolves are created, therefore dogs are created. Big cats are created, therefore house cats are created. I don't think you're grasping what I'm saying: wild animals evolved and changed until domestic animals were developed. They're the same genus. So yes, God DID create domestic animals. No new thing has been created since God created the universe and all it's organisms. Everything WAS created at once. It's just that those original beings evolved into what they presently are. No species changed into another.. they just changed. I never said apes turned into humans. Humans have always been humans. Humans have evolved since the creation, that's all. How do you KNOW we still look like God? When he created us in His image, he may have created us to look totally different than we do today. We were made originally in His image. We may have changed since then, we don't know. We were originally meant to be vegetarians, but after our sin God allowed us to eat meat. If that change from the original blueprint can happen, then why can't any other kind of change from the original blueprint happen? If we've changed as much as we have wince the 1700s, imagine how different we might have looked when we were created. There's nothing in the Bible that says we looked the same then as we do now. It only says we were created "in His image". Yes, we were. That's not saying we still look like Him.

Alpha, in a way, every single thing we know now was "thought up" through study. Why other animals behave the way they do was "thought up". The fact that dinosaurs existed was "thought up". The fact that electrified filiments in an air-tight vaccuum of empty space would light up as a light bulb was "thought up".
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have anything to say that is important, meaningful, or anything that would contribute to this topic, but Wow! This is a long topic! lol
    (jk)::

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]No species changed into another.. they just changed. I never said apes turned into humans. Humans have always been humans. Humans have evolved since the creation, that's all.
    then you don't believe in evolution. Evolution is about species turning into other species. You're a creationist.
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Dec. 28 2004,9:46)]Everything WAS created at once. It's just that those original beings evolved into what they presently are. No species changed into another.. they just changed. I never said apes turned into humans. Humans have always been humans. Humans have evolved since the creation, that's all.
    Thats not what evolution states...
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and before you talk about micro-evolution and macro-evolution...
    You can't have one without the other (unless you're a young earth creationist). Macro-evolution is just micro-evolution over a long period of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why is it that I always get mixed up in the really heated threads? lol. ok guys let me add a little something for people to argue about:

FTG, in saying that EVERYTHING was"thought up" u then say that the bible itself was "thought up", which in itself is true(im waiting for someone to say something about that being a fact lol) because god did not write the bible himself, nor did his sone for that matter, but instead men(who, and this was even said in this thread, make mistakes...but that can't be proven because it was "thought up") who a long time after gods supposed creation of adam and eve wrote down all of the things that god supposedly did. nobody KNOWS, regardless of whether or not you believe it because those are completely different terms, exactly what happened. For all you know these men could have completely made this all up. i have no doubt that jesus was in fact a realy person, my doubt lies in the things that he and his supposed(wow i love that word) father supposedly did. how can any one believe that these are the things that truly happened when they werent written by those that were most involved in the whole thing(notice i said MOST) and when it is a known fact(although it can't be proven because it is "thought up") that the bible's contents have been changed time and time again to suit those who preach it to others. and (though this is off subject lol) i dont understand how when one of god's "experiments" went wrong he caused a flood to wipe them all away even though he loves everyone people love him so much when, if it were me, I would be a little worried he might be unhappy with how we turned out and wipe us out too.

sorry if you cant make the connection between my post and the others or even understand it, but im tired and wasnt even going to post if it werent for a certain freind(not to mention any names, you know who you are)

~bon
    \"May you ever walk comfortably in the shadows; neither blinded by the light nor lost in the dark.\"-i have no idea

\"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.\"-Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a Christian.
    I believe in God,
    and Jesus Christ.

I also belive 100% with no question whatsoever that evolution is absolute truth.
    no doubts at all.
    Creationism is flat-out wrong.

how can that be you ask?
    How can I be a card-carrying Christian and not believe in creationism?
    easy..
    the Bible is not a factual scientific textbook.
    much of it was written by humans who didnt know everything.
    much of it is allagory.
    the Noah's ark flood story is also pure fiction..it never happened.
    The earth is billions of years old, not thousands.

God created life, and evolution is His method for letting life operate..
    God, Christianity and evolution can peacefully coexist..
    many christians are open minded enough to accept this with no theological problems or issues attached.
    actually, it makes the most sense.

If God created the Earth, why would he lie to us in the Bible and say things that the Earth flat-out disproves?
    which is more likely to be the truth, Gods own creation (the entire planet and the entire fossil record it contains) or one book??
    I choose to believe what God has clearly laid out for us in the Earth..
    no Human could fake the Earth. only God could make the Earth and everything it contains.
    Humans could have written parts of the Bible however..
    its all very clear.

(standard disclaimer..the above is my opinion.

Scot