User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 20 of 147 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just like droseradude, I go a away for a few hours and 7 more pages go by. Fyresprite (Bonnie).... I'd like to introduce you Flytrapgurl (Tanya). You gals are cut from the same fun and refreshing mold.

As Mr. Chaos says (and FTG), there are a lot more born again Christians out there than ya'll realize that don't have a problem with creation accomplished by means of what we understand or perceive to be evolution. What it all boils down is to whether you accept that God is Creator.... or not. Who cares how long it took. So what if it took billions or trillions of years? Does that mean that God couldn't have done things that way? Why do we have to tell god what He can and can't do? The Genesis account merely tells us that God is THE Creator - and HE isn't limited by our limited understanding. check out the end of the book of Job, when God sets Job straight on things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I beleive in Micro-evolution. I think there was probably only one species of horse,Nepenthes,Droseracae,etc... on the Ark and so that would make them fit much easier.....I mean Micro-evolution is self evident,just look at all the goldfish varietes,and chickens compared to there wild species!
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Ok the link works now, but im just gonna act like you and john and ignore wat it says and act like i never saw it. just like your signature.
    heh.... what FACTS are WE ignoring?
    Quote[/b] ]If you aim to prove something correct, you will. If you aim to prove the exact same thing false, you will.
    Ecolution was the other way around. First came fossils, finches, etc.... and then darwin and others thought up Evolution.
    Quote[/b] ]Personally, I pretty much will always side with science. However, I don't agree that evolution is based on fact. It's based on theory, just as creationism is
    Evolution is a SCIENTIFIC theory and creationism is not even scientific let alone a (scientific) theory!
    How is evolution not based on fact? Look at fossils, structures, mutations, etc... You can actually SEE and TOUCH those things (they are facts). Every time you get goosebumps you are using vestigial structures that a logical "creator" wouldn't have put there.
    Quote[/b] ]Scientists just take the information they have and formulate theories based on this information, much like the creationist side
    What is creationism based on? (creationism is an example of the top-down thinking you're talking about... Evolution isn't) a book written by PEOPLE over a thousand years ago?
    You can actually see and feel and experiment with evolution.
    Creationism is not based on facts.
    Stop comparing the two like that because it's completely different.
    Quote[/b] ]There's really no concrete facts that prove or disprove either side of the arguement.
    true... since apparently a LOT of the bible is metaphors... but There are things that disprove what the bible says in writing..... If you want someone to believe something, tell them what to believe.

I guess people don't understand what I'm talking about...
    cre·a·tion·ism
    Function: noun
    : a doctrine or theory holding that matter, the various forms of life, and the world were created by God out of nothing and usually in the way described in Genesis

let me emphasize "created by God out of nothing"... I don't know how you (you as in you all... I'm not singling out anyone) would twist it but to me that means that there is nothing before and you create something. If there's a horse-like thing that mates and gives birth to a horse that is NOT creating a horse out of nothing.
    PondBoy... There are many species of nepenthes, etc.. so If you believe there was only one and then they branched out into everything then you believe in macro-evolution as well as micro-evolution.
    Macro-evolution is when one species evolves to become another. (Ie. red wolves and gray wolves are different species... decendant of a single species)
    Micro-evolution is when one species branches out and becomes subspecies (Ie. dogs are a subspecies of graywolves)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to meet ya Tanya....i hope u didn't take any of my arguements personally. And if you did i apologize. lol JS i havent heard from you in a while. and Tanya if you ever want to talk just feel free to pm me or something. And really I don't see why it matters what people believe as long as they believe in something postive. And those of you that may have been offended by anything I've said...just so you know I respect your beliefs I just struggle to comprehend them.
    ~bon
    \"May you ever walk comfortably in the shadows; neither blinded by the light nor lost in the dark.\"-i have no idea

\"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.\"-Einstein

Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Dec. 29 2004,5:50)]
    Quote[/b] ]Ok the link works now, but im just gonna act like you and john and ignore wat it says and act like i never saw it. just like your signature.
    heh.... what FACTS are WE ignoring?
    If you don't already know, I pity you [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Just about anything that contradicts what you say. You respond to the posts, but you conveniently forget the one paragraph that proves you wrong...

Amen to Bonnies post...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well you can pity me all you want but just tell me what "facts" I'm ignoring.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Dec. 29 2004,7:18)]If you don't already know, I pity you [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    Sounds like a cop out
    you know that we aren't ignoring any facts, if you did know you would post them because it favors your argument.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny though. Darwin discounted his own theory before he died, and cared more about CP than anything else in the world. I am with Darwin on all counts.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC