User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 21 of 147 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But it wasn't until people started to apply it to mankind and formed social darwinism that he rejected it. Until then it was all fine and dandy....and im not so sure he rejected the idea of evolution itself just how people interpreted it...but that's just my opinion.
    ~bon
    \"May you ever walk comfortably in the shadows; neither blinded by the light nor lost in the dark.\"-i have no idea

\"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.\"-Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny though. I can't find a single source that says he discounted his own theory.
    What's more... he denounced christianity and became an agnostic before he died.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... and he also spent 5 years classifying barnicles [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=[b]Quote[/b] ]Every time you get goosebumps you are using vestigial structures that a logical "creator" wouldn't have put there. [quote]

Gods judgment is far superior to ours as he is all knowing so something that seems illogical to us may very wel be logical!

PondBoy... There are many species of nepenthes, etc.. so If you believe there was only one and then they branched out into everything then you believe in macro-evolution as well as micro-evolution.
    Macro-evolution is when one species evolves to become another. (Ie. red wolves and gray wolves are different species... decendant of a single species)
    Micro-evolution is when one species branches out and becomes subspecies (Ie. dogs are a subspecies of graywolves
    Well I don`t believe that a monkey could turn into a man as a man has a SPIRITUAL SOUL while a monkey has a non-spiritual soul and a soul could not evolve.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because...?
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think all animals have souls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]What, then, can we say about Darwin? Let us be clear: He never publicly recanted from his theory of evolution or professed a new Christian faith.
    http://www.carm.org/evo_questions/deathbed.htm
    Quote[/b] ]Well I don`t believe that a monkey could turn into a man as a man has a SPIRITUAL SOUL while a monkey has a non-spiritual soul and a soul could not evolve.
    so then what do you believe in?
    first of all, I personally believe that if I have a soul, then my pets have a soul and other animals have souls.
    secondly, You could think that once "monkeys" (you mean apes... apes and monkeys are NOT the same thing) evolved into humans, and then god gave them a soul.
    (aldough personally I think that's sort of selfish... no offense)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Dec. 29 2004,7:37)]Funny though. Darwin discounted his own theory before he died, and cared more about CP than anything else in the world. I am with Darwin on all counts.
    Thats a myth,it was formed by well meaning "Christians" who thought lieing was ok wich it isn`t.

He was a very non-one sided scientist however,in fact if you read his book "The Origin Of Species" he has near as much info contradicting evolution as suporting it!
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]