User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 27 of 147 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and dont forget the evangelists on t.v. that ask u to send them money for one thing and then spend it on another thing entirely
    \"May you ever walk comfortably in the shadows; neither blinded by the light nor lost in the dark.\"-i have no idea

\"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.\"-Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you obviously cant have policies that makes midweserners feel ICKY inside
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you all seem to enjoy trashing the church with out realising with out it your oh so precious theory of evolution would not have ever come to be.

The church preserved the knowledge of the anicients during the middle ages, and it also was the cause of the Rennaissance, which first gave people the idea of questioning the church, this line of thinking led to the enlightenment, which is where you first see the thinkers that began to try ot explain the world around them with non-religous explainations. This is where your theory of evolution comes from.

Also darwin was educated by the church, and if he had not been educated he likely would not have been able to document and support his ideas that helped to lead to the acceptance of the theory of evoultion. and as a side note i would like to clear up darwin did not come up with teh theory of evolution, he merely found a tool that allowed evolution to occur.

And for all of you who like to point out the miss use of religion(cursades, inquistion, missionaries) the theory of evoution and darwinism has also been miss used. It has often been used to justify allowing people to live in poverty and giving them no assitance, which being they are human beings is just wrong, at least the church calls for the people who believe in it to help those who are in a bad position, never heard evolutionist calling to help the people who are in a bad situtation.

Oh and to those who say that people who do not understand evolution are ignorant, konw this i have spent the last 3 years studying evolution as it relates to humans, and i still dont believe it because there are way too many problems with evolution, espceally since the theory is moving to punctuated evolution, which would mean that the way things are going species should have likely started changing rapidly to adapt to the alterations humans have made to the enviroment. And to those of you who keep calling religion evil, i say you are the ignorant, evil people, since you do not respect peoples rights and can only site a few instances where religion has been misused to base your accusation on
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well... you know what they say... it's the thought that counts. The church was only supporting that to prove christianity.. which isn't very scientific as someone explained before.
    Nobody said anything about any church anyway. What we said includes many religions (Ie. the middle east... it's mostly muslims vs. jews). don't be so paranoic.
    and yes... Darwin even wanted to be a minister or something, but then found that science is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]and i still dont believe it because there are way too many problems with evolution, espceally since the theory is moving to punctuated evolution, which would mean that the way things are going species should have likely started changing rapidly to adapt to the alterations humans have made to the enviroment.
    ok... give us problems.
    so I guess organisms should evolve to be able to eat plastic?
    and species are evolving because of humans.
    Viruses (which are technically not alive) evolve very fast- SARS being an example.
    Bacteria are becoming resistant to even the strongest antibiotics, dogs, cats, fish, PLANTS, have all been domesticated (well... changed into something not found in the wild anyway), pests like insects are becoming resistant to pesticides, etc...
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you are absolutly correct, ktulu, the curch suported science and tecnology fot a far longer period if time than it hass seemingly opposed select scientific findings. they reasoned the god was truth, and how could finding out more about the truth be bad? and the church-related educational institotions were the only institutions for a very long time.
    i certainly havent forgotten

[CODE] since the theory is moving to punctuated evolution, which would mean that the way things are going species should have likely started changing rapidly to adapt to the alterations humans have made to the enviroment[QUOTE] the most dramatic changes have begun around the industrial revoloution, far too soon for any noticable change. and were changing so fast that species previously adapted to our ways cant keep up. highways, strip malls, cars, and also the intensificATION OF AGRIGULTURE

Hose sparrows, they could keep up untill the car (they fed on spilled oats for horses) and the intensifiation of agritculure

less waste, less spillage, less watse of space = less food

lawns= not enough seedheads

econimization more efficency means less food for things that have adapted to us thus far. look at the crashes of house sparrows and starlings ineurope, at the dates when the car was introduced and now with the spreading of intensified agriculture
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]nd were changing so fast that species previously adapted to our ways cant keep up.
    exactly. That's why you only notice anything with faster-breeding organisms.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I myself am not a nonreligous person....i do not take it to the extremes you people do but i still have my beliefs. And I am not trashing religion in general...just certain aspects of it and certain problems with it and as for the term "trashing" i dont like to think of it that way, i think of it more along the lines of "making my opinion known". Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions...
    ~bon
    \"May you ever walk comfortably in the shadows; neither blinded by the light nor lost in the dark.\"-i have no idea

\"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.\"-Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyway, adapt to what? CONCRETE? thres no food or shelter there, and you have to avoid being run over.

Sparros scavenge for dropped crumbs and now theres a turminte thats adapted to tunnle into concrete (tunnle, but not eat)

thats about it, not many places for plants to take hold exept in cracts where they are not pounded by cars
    that makes no logic