User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 28 of 147 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]And I am not trashing religion in general...just certain aspects of it and certain problems with it
    Yep. Not all religion is bad. after all, you can't go bad with certain religions and go kill people and destroy everything in sight.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some religions impose a certain moral code on its followers, a certain big brother who knows whenever you'v done something wrong and discourages violence.

of course some oare opposite jihad or holy war can be waged agains anyone who goes against the will of Alah. since no one can really know what allas supposed will is, people ASSUME, often along the lines of their point of veiw, wich causes a whole mess of problems
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    racoons, red foxes, rats, cockroaches, pigeons, ravens, etc are all adapting VERY well to humans. They're even becoming pests!... and we can't adapt as fast as them! we try to kill 'em all but they just keep on leaving us to eat their dust! chickens are also very succesful. there are more chickens in the earth than there are humans.
    behaviorally speaking, ravens do things like wait on an intersection where they drop a nut and wait for a car to pass by and crush the nut. They even wait until there's a red light so they don't get squished!
    squirrels (heh... remember them?) manage to steal almost anything they want :P, bears do the same to a certain extent,
    Ravens/crows in canada or other places also go to fishing holes in the ice and pull up the fish if nobody's watching [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    starlings and other birds also nest on buildings and they roost there at night because it's warmer than in the woods.
    I also remember reading something about some birds in britain that pierce the aluminum foil thing on cream jars to get to the cream
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and many other organisms (follicle mites, certain bacteria in your gut, certain lice, [killer bees-created by man-] etc) could only survive BECAUSE of humans. they can only live in humans' bodies... and only in certain parts. (ie... the groin or something louse can only live in the groin and not on your head or anywhere else)
    now.... either they are a punishment from god or they evolved into other species (they are different species) so they could live in/on humans.]
    (want me to go on? or was I able to get my point across [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] lol)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh, yah, that too [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    that makes no logic

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (ktulu @ Dec. 30 2004,1:22)]you all seem to enjoy trashing the church with out realising with out it your oh so precious theory of evolution would not have ever come to be.

The church preserved the knowledge of the anicients during the middle ages, and it also was the cause of the Rennaissance, which first gave people the idea of questioning the church, this line of thinking led to the enlightenment, which is where you first see the thinkers that began to try ot explain the world around them with non-religous explainations. This is where your theory of evolution comes from.

Also darwin was educated by the church, and if he had not been educated he likely would not have been able to document and support his ideas that helped to lead to the acceptance of the theory of evoultion. and as a side note i would like to clear up darwin did not come up with teh theory of evolution, he merely found a tool that allowed evolution to occur.

And for all of you who like to point out the miss use of religion(cursades, inquistion, missionaries) the theory of evoution and darwinism has also been miss used. It has often been used to justify allowing people to live in poverty and giving them no assitance, which being they are human beings is just wrong, at least the church calls for the people who believe in it to help those who are in a bad position, never heard evolutionist calling to help the people who are in a bad situtation.

Oh and to those who say that people who do not understand evolution are ignorant, konw this i have spent the last 3 years studying evolution as it relates to humans, and i still dont believe it because there are way too many problems with evolution, espceally since the theory is moving to punctuated evolution, which would mean that the way things are going species should have likely started changing rapidly to adapt to the alterations humans have made to the enviroment. And to those of you who keep calling religion evil, i say you are the ignorant, evil people, since you do not respect peoples rights and can only site a few instances where religion has been misused to base your accusation on
    Who do you think you are calling some people here ignorant and evil?
    I have the darn right to think what I please, and so does every member on this forum.

What, are you going to DENY religion isnt responsible for those things? The people who destroyed the Twin Towers in the U.S.A were fuled(sp?) by religion.
    Many people were tortured and killed because of religion.

And *I* am an evolutionist, and I give things ot charity, so do my family, including my stepdad, who doesnt believe in god.
    Your precious church aint the only one who tries to help people in a bad position.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because others here called religous people ignorent and evil, hae u forgotten?

please be respectfull of others ad not try to inflame the situation, and that goes for all of you, not just starman
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bloody hell.
    Now we aren't arguing which is true, we're arguing which has better followers.
    Atheists don't always have the same motivation as Christians to help others etc, leading to many criminals or selfish people. On the other hand, MOST atheists are very nice people and I have no problems with their conduct etc.
    Religious people are sometimes like Bin-Laden (which BTW actually went AGAINST the teachings of Islam)... but he did it in the purpose of religion. The twin towers.. .result of his religious beliefs. On the other hand.. we can look at the many charities and fundraisers to help others from Churches, temples, etc. The majority of religion teaches kindness, unselfishness, etc.