User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 30 of 147 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can argue many of the points they make. But hey... as creationist sites go (the ones I've seen) this one's definately the best.
    For example... saying that all mutations are bad.
    If you have sickle cell anemia here in the US it may be bad, but It is good if you have sickle cell anemia in malaria-infested countries because the malaria protozoan (which by the way has a vestigial chloroplast... why the heck would you kneed a CHLOROPLAST inside a human? I mean c'mon... it's all dark in there and you can get the food from somewhere else) can't infect you as well if you have sickle cell anemia.
    and there's proof... Many blacks in africa have sickle cell anemia because it gives you a greater chance for surviving.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] im glad this hasnnt degraded so i guess its ok for me to come back.

ZAK, facts do not have a copywright. if a wilsons magolia leaf is about 4 inches long, thats a fact. true, i learned it from somewhere, but you cant copywright that. if u did, everyone who did or didnt measer the leaf in person would need to ask the original person who stated that fact to re-state it.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you sure love magnolias don't you? LOL
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well not really, it is my 'job' sort of to fill all unlinked pages section by section, so i chose one to start with, magnolias. there pretty, but not particularlyy interesting
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but wanna know something that is and once u figure it out youll automaticly know its right, and if not, can be proven with this very thread?

and its not something dumb liike 'keyboards' ether
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL guess not
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh... I was doing something else... sure. what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have you ever wonderd why group loyalty and hostility emerges with ridiculusly predictable ease?

people quickly form groups, favor those in their own group (countries, sports teams, sides of a debate, workers... etc) , and are ready to be agressive to outsiders.

its called

ingroup-outgroup bias

the process begins, says psycologists, with people categorizing, mentally putting people into a course and general class that ultimatly boils down to Us and Them. Next, peopke start to discriminate, favoring Us over Them, even when the basis for assortment is totally meaningless -- for example, weather a person overestimates or underestimates the # of donts on a screen. Finnaly, they stereotype. They say nice things about Us and nasty things about Them. Can you recall a instance in your own life where you or some other people have done this? be honest.

the ingroup-outgroup bias is often ethnic or race-based, but occurs with equil ease around other catigories, such as religeon, sex,age, or sports team. In striking contrast to many or most processes, psycologists describe this conplex as ineradicable. taken to the extreme, ingroup-outgrop bias efectivly dehumanizes Them and that therefore even ordinary and very moral people can do the most appaling things to Them with a clear concence. (Ex settelers in america to the natives, for example) often the ingrop-out group bias is brutal to the level of bazar absurdity, while others look ridiculusly trivial, like fights between children abitrarialy assinged different coulord cloths by the teacher.

it happens, wether its the holocaust or bushmen by boers to bosnic ethnic clensing: further examples need not be elaborated. this can be seen even in this very thread. if anyone wants a description of scientific experiments provingg this, PM me.

the info in this context was mostly writtenby the psycology proffeser at harvard unifersity, i do not claim in any way that this information is mine, altough some experiences could be called original reserch
    I
    that makes no logic